John Penton Movie Update...

Started by mxfiles, May 24, 2012, 02:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdazed

I'm in.A little procrastination on my part but it's done (it was super easy-took less than 5 minutes!).Let's make this happen guys and gals!
          Ric
Ric Emmal
Pentons Rule!
5 125 steel tankers
10 cmf 100/125
2 Mettco 125
1 Penda
2 jackpiners
2 harescramblers
5 Herc 7 speeds
1 Tyran 125
1 Ktm150xc
1 Honda crf450x
1 Honda sl70
1 Hon cr125 77
1 Yam pw80
2 Yam yz125d
1 Suz pe 175
1 Suz rm85
1 Mz250
3 Sachs/dkw 125
1 Hon cb700sc
1 Aprillia RC50
Most in progress..                      so many projects-so little time...

mxfiles

Look for Lyle Lovett to be on Wind Tunnel on Speed with Dave Despain Sunday night 9pm ET talking about the movie and his growing up around and racing Pentons!

Speed!

Let's get those pledges in I think there are more than (25) POG members (400+?).

If people are procrastinating on something they are going to do anyway, please do it now. We don't want to discourage would-be pledgers because of a low number currently.

We can't have "Oh, I was going to pledge but it doesn't look like they'll make it so why bother".

You guys lead the way!

Thanks!

Todd

Paul Danik

The Penton Owners Group pledge has been made.....  

There are still Six-Days left to reach the needed funding goal.  

This Group surely needs no reminder as to what can be accomplished in Six-Days. The ISDT was run a mile at a time, this project can reach it's goal at a dollar at a time.....what is needed is for all who want to see this story told to get behind it with as much or little as they wish....every dollar moves this project closer to becoming a reality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett

Thanks,
Paul

mxfiles

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Danik

The Penton Owners Group pledge has been made.....  

There are still Six-Days left to reach the needed funding goal.  

This Group surely needs no reminder as to what can be accomplished in Six-Days. The ISDT was run a mile at a time, this project can reach it's goal at a dollar at a time.....what is needed is for all who want to see this story told to get behind it with as much or little as they wish....every dollar moves this project closer to becoming a reality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/toddhuffman/the-john-penton-story-narrated-by-lyle-lovett

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks so much Paul!

I'm really surprised we are not further along at this point. Only 130+ total pledges so far.

Yeah, at this point even the masses pledging small amounts $5, $10, $25, $50 could get it done.

Facebook postings, emails, even phone calls to everyone's circles of influence will help.

Don't forget to watch Lyle Lovett on Speed tonight on 9:00pm EST!

Best,

Todd

Paul Danik

Dave Despain's interview with Lyle Lovett on Wind Tunnel went really well and we sure owe all involved a dept of gratitude....

If you missed tonight's show it re-airs on Monday morning at 7am EST and also Monday night at 7pm EST on the Speed Channel.  If someone could tape it possibly we could get permission to link the interview to this website.

Thanks,
Paul

SouthRider

Contribution made today - c'mon Poggers - you know you are going to buy the DVD eventually - let's all make a contribution of whatever we can afford!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

mxfiles

$66,000 and growing! Wahoo! KTM North America stepped up for $10,000!

C'mon poggers! Get the word out!

We can make it!

Thanks for everyone's support!

Greg Elliott

Gary Roach

Made our pledge tonight!
Toni[:X]

checkcrew

lets make it happen !!!

i'm in :-)))

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Bob Gilman

kenbike

i am very surprised at the lack of support for the movie. Word just did not get out to the off road bike community and most did not respond.  KTM waited so late in the pledge drive to step up and so did many others I think a lot just felt it would fail so they did not help.

So what is the next step for Todd?

mxfiles

POG Members,

Good morning. I think what is easiest is to post our "Update" on the Kickstarter.com project site as well as my email back to some key supporters and "evangelists" to explain what I am thinking next and soon.

(Kickstarter.com Update #7)

To all the John Penton Story Backers,

Good morning. As you all know we didn't reach our goal financially but we exceeded it in awareness for the project to allow the project to regroup and come at it from several different angles which may include another campaign with Kickstarter.com.  We believe KS is still a great way to get a lot of passionate people involved in producing the project for generations to come.

We had Lyle Lovett on with Dave Despain on Speed, we had myself, John and Jack Penton, Malcolm Smith and Danny LaPorte on DMXS radio (//www.DMXSradio.com for archive podcast), and myself on the Bike Week Radio Show out of San Diego with Broc Glover (//www.BikeWeekRadioShow.com for podcast). Plus, articles in Cycle News, Motocross Action, Dirt Rider, Cycle World and more. We also got the attention of companies inside and outside the motorcycle industry which we hope will be involved in getting the project to the finishline on schedule.

Thank you all for the support and passion of this project no matter how big or small you pledged and for spreading the word to others. This is not the end of the John Penton Story being completed...only one step after the beginning.

Please keep an eye or ear out for future information about the project here at Kickstarter and on our Facebook Page, The John Penton Story-Narrated by Lyle Lovett. Also keep a date open in 2013 for the premiere of this film about a real American and motorcycle pioneer. We will get it done.

Kindest regards,

Todd Huffman, Producer

(Email to key Evangelists and Supporters)

Good morning. I will herald what Jack Martin has said here. We unfortunately under-estimated the apathy of the motorcycle industry and people in general as well as people's busy lives mixed with a challenging economy. I appreciate everyone's passion and help pledging and  "evangelizing" the project to their circles to get us to the $75K number.

I think we were well-represented with coverage of the project through traditional and new medias doing what we can with who we know and can connect with. I was just surprised a bit by who didn't pledge or the amounts of some pledges.

We will quickly regroup and to put the project back out there as a mix of Kickstarter and traditional sponsorship outreach now that awareness for the project is high.

To get the project "in the can so to speak (pre-produced and shot) is about $100K not counting fees for Kickstarter and fulfillment costs (another $20K-$40K). The rest is post-production, editing, music, effects, archival material processing, supervision, etc. It usually is a 50/50 ratio of production and post-production.

Please consider sources who may want to "sponsor" the project to get the funding complete. Benefits will include, branding in the film and marketing for the film as well as rights for screening to dealers, etc.

I'm sure I will be talking to each of you individually soon to discuss ideas.

Thanks again and have a great day and week.

Best,

Todd

Stay tuned POG members on next Phase.

Best,

Todd