Buyers Beware

Started by Mick Milakovic, June 15, 2012, 11:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Couldn't pass sharing this one, posted on Cincinnati:

Date: 2012-06-15, 4:44PM EDT

Listing removed but just want you all to be cautious. Posting title: Yamaha YFZ 450

I went over to this guys "house" earlier today (it's more like a garage...if you could even call it that) and ask to see the machine. He lead me on the same path from his garage to what looked like a camp site. He said he liked to go out here here to think on the meaning of life. I got creeped out and told him I was only interested in seeing the bike. He asked to see my hand and put it on his chest and said "feel that? I think there's a connection right there". I snatched my hand back and he stepped really close to me, so I turned and started running.

By now I'm really scared and thinking he was going to grab me but he just catches up and starts running alongside me. He looks over and says "lovely day for a run" and smiles really weird. I noticed he had taken his pants off and was running in his underwear and work boots. I decided I may have to fight my way out of this situation so I stop and put my fists up. He jumps back and tells me I have the wrong idea, he just wanted to run. So I tell him again I only want to see the machine. He leads me back to the "garage and opens the door. The bike is inside and was nice, but he goes over to a weight bench and starts firing off" "reps" with like 12 pounds on the bar. He says he likes to "work out" and I'd had enough and left without the bike.

Mick
Mick

Mike Hufnagel

I swear it wasn,t me.

'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Yamaha TY 250
84 Yam IT200
75 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
82 KTM 495 (2)
98 KTM 300mxc
04 KTM 125 SX
00 KTM Duke 2/rd. racer
06 KTM 950 Adv.
08 Suzuki DR70Z
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

conrad2

Mick, It sounds like my normal 3-11 Friday night shift during a full moon. But the potential buyer was lucky... I never to get to see the bike before the guy is handcuffed and we have to call mental health services.
Perhaps I should look into expanding my "Providing Security for the Vintage Motorcycle Community" business beyond Paul Danik and Jake Fischer!

Really though, sorry to hear that. I have heard some other internet sales meetings going way worse.
Conrad

Conrad Pfeifer
of Mars PA, Home of The Paul Danik Presidential Library
Conrad Pfeifer

kenbike

Anytime you go to a house address for a used bike, guns ect make sure you call someone when you get out of the car with the address and the time.  Tell them that you will call back in 30 minutes or so and if you don't they should call you back ad make sure it is ok.

conrad2

That is a great idea.
Another is bring friends with guns with you.

Conrad Pfeifer
Conrad Pfeifer

wfopete

You guys are really anti-social and need to get out more. :D

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Dave Withrow

Mick....you know all you have to do is give me a call before you go........I carry.....or maybe I don't.
Big Dave

Mick Milakovic

Hey, isn't that why they call you BIG Dave? ;)

Mick
Mick