Mid Ohio CC

Started by Mick Milakovic, July 03, 2012, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

Who's racing the Mid Ohio cross country event?  I'm in vintage 250-B (Harescrambler) and Jarrin's in post-vintage 200-B (MC-5 175).

Mick
Mick

G Ellis

Jarrin better bring his A game.. :D:D

Mick Milakovic

Hey "Champaign Gary", Jarrin says he's not worried, he says he say you break down last year! [}:)]

Mick
Mick

Dave Withrow

In what other sport can you have a young man in high school and a veteran rider vying for the same trophy.....I swear it doesn't get any better.
I may be riding a green 400..otherwise the usual 250GS
Big Dave

brian kirby

Hey Mick, are you guys going to White City IL? I want some of this action too. :D

Brian
Brian

Mick Milakovic

Brian, maybe Sunday only.  Saturday is the first round of the Indiana High School girls state golf tournament, and I'm the coach (I guess I better be there!)  However,  no throw-down challenges from me; the older I get the faster I was and the present is still in doubt!

Mick
Mick

tooclose racing

I'm planning on running Vintage 200 with the Six Day and Post Vintage 250 with my MC5.  

And then drink LOTS of beer to heal thyself.

Just looked on the website and realized that I'm too late for the AMA discount for the weekend pass.  THAT sucks.

Gene Saunders

Hey Mick, I'am in with my vintage 250 Penton too. Are you running 250-class or 50+ class?

Mick Milakovic

Hey Gene, good to hear from you.  vintage 250 intermediate (B/C).  How's the IT running?

Mick
Mick

Gene Saunders

Todd (my stepson) still rides the IT175. I tryed to get him to bring it to Mid-Ohio, but I don't think he will. Its running good. Thanks I may run the 50+ class B/C

tooclose racing

Getting slightly excited.  I think I've got the carb (low end) buggaboo figured out on the Six Day - thanks Mr. Ellis.  She is clean, clean, clean down low and pulling hard.  Some detailing and bolt tightening and she's good to go. BTW - love the new Renthal mini-Hi's on this bike.  Wow, what was I thinking?  Next up - MC5 preps.  

Gary -bring the Jackpiner just in case.  Or just in case I want to do a test ride. :D

AND a big thank you to another POGGER (and his wife - who actually deserves most of the credit) who has made a hotel room available that is much closer than my current Wooster Super 8.  Like close enough that I can go watch the vintage dirt track on Friday night - something I've never seen yet.  I probably won't be able stand up straight after Friday's racing, but...well...that's what beer and Ibuprofen are for.

Yep, definitely getting slightly excited.

tooclose racing

I signed up yesterday, final day for online pre-registration is today, I think (15th). I can tell you that  - as of yesterday, the pre-reg was pretty light.  I was third sign-up in 200 Vint B/C (none in A) and third or fourth sign-up in PV 250 B/C (none in A).  Skipped last year and can't remember 2010 pre-reg (which you can view with this current website that the AMA uses).

Gene Saunders

I will sign up when I get there. I'am thinking I will race my 250 penton in vintage, then race my 93' KDX200 in modern. Anyone else racing modern?

Mike Hufnagel

50+b with the 250 Piner for me. May do trials if I can find room for the TY

'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Yamaha TY 250
84 Yam IT200
75 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
82 KTM 495 (2)
98 KTM 300mxc
04 KTM 125 SX
00 KTM Duke 2/rd. racer
06 KTM 950 Adv.
08 Suzuki DR70Z
\\\'12 Husaberg TE300
74 Penton Wassels
74 Yamaha TY 250
77 Yamaha TY 175
74 Jackpiner w/ 250 eng.
82 KTM GS250II (import)
77 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Café replica
81 Ktm mx 495
12 Ktm RC8R
04 Honda xr 100
06 KTM 950 Adv.

Mick Milakovic

Whats the cut-off year for the modern hare scrambles?

Mick
Mick