Wassel

Started by john durrill, May 23, 2002, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john durrill

Does anyone know what came stock on a Wassel for a carb?
  If so what the stock jetting is on one.
We are corresponding with a man in Texas that has one and is haveing trouble with jetting.
John

Paul Danik

The literature states that a 22mm Amal is stock.  I have a 24 mm Bing on mine and that is what I have pretty much always found. Without pulling my carb apart I can tell you that the main jet is small, smaller than 110.  Those trials machines need to be NOT rich.  I kept going smaller and smaller till the machine ran crisp and clean.  My Saricen is also Sachs powered and it has a small main jet also. If you need exact jet sizes I can pull the carb.  If Dennis Jones is watching he should have some good tech info as he is a Wassal trials " ACE ".  Hey Dennis!!!!!!!
Hope this helps. Paul

Dennis Jones

My wassell I have rode the last several years has the stock 22 amal on it. If running the amal I would recomend a new slide, needle, and needle jet. A friend has his amals sleeved and has good results. Like Paul, I was always working toward leaner. My new bike with 152 kit has a 24 bing. The 152 kit is a huge improvement, this bike will pull. I don't have the jet #s wrote down, but I don't believe there are a lot of choices. If you post whitch carb I will see what I have.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

MLewand

Hi,
I too am having trouble with the jetting on my 73 Wassell 125/6B. It has the 24mm Bing carb on it. I can't remember off the top of my head what the exact jet sizes are, but they are the same as a stock 72 125 Six Day which I am sure are not correct for the Wassell (especially the main jet). So, Paul or Dennis, if you could post your carb specs it sure would help alot getting this bike sorted out. Also, Dennis if you could post the carb specs for your 152 bike I would surely appreciate it. I've just assembled all the parts and will be building a 152 5A  motor later this summer. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Mike L.

Mike L.

Dennis Jones

I looked in a 24 and 26 bing and each had the same parts. The slide is an 8 or B it was hard to read. Needle has 4 grooves, needle jet is #276. Pilot jet is #35, main jet is #130. I believe these are stock. In my 152 I am useing a #40 pilot and #135 main. The bottom end is very good, but the top end is not quite right. I'm going to check my float level first then the main jet.
  The 22 amal has a #3 slide, 3 clip needle, and a #105 needle jet. I will have to take it apart to get main and pilot numbers.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

MLewand

Thanks for the info. Dennis. The jet sizes you mention are the same as in my 24mm Bing carb. It still seems to be too rich. I'd like to find out what jet sizes Paul is running. Paul, If you see this could you please post your jetting specs. It sure would save alot of time experimenting with varius combinations. Thanks again for your help.
Mike

Mike L.