NW racing

Started by Mickey Sergeant, October 30, 2012, 11:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Rebuilding a tranny on a 6b motor on a six days I picked up.Solved most of the problems.Main problem was selector key had spun off.put in new JP selector key. One other problem I need to corect is the main shaft has play,need to shim corect.My question is when do you know if you need to put in a smaller or larger gear selector ring between gears.What will that do by having a smaller or lager ring between gears?

Mickey Sergeant
74 Berkshire
six Days

joe novak

gooddirt

d.Hall photos

gooddirt

gooddirt

gooddirt

gooddirt

Mick Milakovic

Those pictures are beautiful!  I would like to know what kind of camera and lens combination the photographer was using, and how close to the action did he/she get?  Great work!

Mick
Mick

gooddirt

Not sure will try and find some info.

d.hall photos  

clayman

LG......and also where the track location is (the last few photos)???What a cool looking track! Is it on the east side of the Cascades, like eastern Oregon??? I've tried to call you a bunch of times.....I was down your way two weeks ago to pick up that '06 YZ 250(finally) and wanted to go have lunch but no answer, so I headed back.Where's that track the Cliff Mee says he's running an AHRMA Regional at next year. I think he said the Big-K Ranch???
Clay

Auto5guy

Made the front page of VDRNW with my Penton 400.

//[url]http://www.siegecraftnw.com/VDR.htm [/url]

The shot is from the Nov 10 race at Woodland WA.

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that castor smoke can be hazardous to your health.  It is highly addictive and causes delusions of grandeur.
WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that castor smoke can be hazardous to your health.  It is highly addictive and causes delusions of grandeur.

gooddirt

Hi Clay, the last six pics is at Honey Lake Ca.

Auto5, [8D] cool shot thats a 400 motor a 1973 175 frame right?

Auto5guy

Yup. Same bike JP had for sale on here a while back.

It's a real handful. I'm gonna have to get in some better shape if I want to ride it hard for more than 2 laps. A lot twitchier than a high breather setup.

Mickey Sergeant

ARE YOU GOING TO BRING THE 400 OUT TO THE ahrma RACES

Mickey

Auto5guy

Sure.
 Had it at the AHRMA race at Hannegan earlier this summer.  That race was awesome and I will most definitely be back.  The 400 sucked a base gasket right before the Farm and I didn't have the time to tear it down or else I'd have been there. Of course if the Farm goes away that's one less AHRMA race to attend in a state that isn't exactly teaming with them. Southern Oregon and California are to long of drives for me to make with any consistancy.

Its easier for me to make more of the Woodland and PNWVMX races, as they are a lot closer to home.