Pentons at Camelback

Started by Dave Withrow, May 26, 2002, 09:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Withrow

The Penton crew was at it again this weekend at Camelback raceway in WVa.  Here's some highlights.
    Teddy Landers again rode his sharp Hare Scrambler to a 1st in the +60.  Greg Troyan was on his way to the podeum until a flat cost him a 2/1 finish on his '74 250.  Dave Withrow is having a particular corner named after him for spending so much time there on Sat.
    On Sunday the Post-Vintage riders had their turn.  Withrow bounced back from Saturday's showing by taking a 1/1 finish in the Historic 500 class aboard his '77 400 MC.  Chris Richardson was unable to ride his '77 400 due to a nasty spill on Saturday ( get well soon Chris!).
    There were a couple of other Pentonians but I didn't get their name.
    The season is young but Penton riders are already getting the ball rolling.

tlanders

Don't forget Kevin Brown who was winning handsomely until he fell in a muddy corner in the first moto and then fought back from last place to third. He won the second moto in Penton style!!!! He was riding 250 Sportsman Expert and 500 Sportsman Expert. I believe he won both 500 Expert races.

tlanders

PS My "speed pipe" outfitted Hare Scrambler beat 8 other bikes to the first corner in the second moto. I think they should rename it a "Hole Shot Pipe". Teddy

Dave Withrow

Thanks Teddy. I wasn't sure of KB's overall.  Man, that guy is fast.

fzrr750

Hey, guys!!! Did anybody take pictures that you know of? How about sharing them with all of us. This would be cool!!!

Thanks, guys.  Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.

tlanders

My wife Rosemary took some. What do I do? Scan them and then post them where/how? Teddy

fzrr750

Teddy,what I do is take the film down to our Eckerd's Drug store and for $7.99 I get them put on CD-Rom so I can e-mail photos to all my buddies or put stuff on Ebay!! For a few bucks more I can get photos along with the CD-Rom. See about that, Teddy.
   Seeeyaaa!!    Ed T.

71 Suzuki TM400,72 Suzuki TS400 Desert racer,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.
71 Suzuki TM400,76 Suzuki RM250,74 Yamaha MX360,79 KTM 250MX,89 KTM 250EXC, 87 Yamaha FZRR750 X-endurance racer #112.

tlanders

No Eckerds in small West Plains. I figure something out. Thanks, Teddy

gooey

i think walgreens will do it, too ... and, Osco if yours isnt gone yet

chris richardson

I should have been on a Penton Saturday!

I came outta there with a blownout shoulder. Broken scapula (sp?), separation, torn ligaments, still very sore. Happened real fast on the back downhill, got offline and plowed a half- buried boulder on the edge of the track... 4 and 7 = over the bars!

That was one of the worst in all my years racing.

Hope I can hold onto nat'l Historic 500 title...Too soon to tell, missing races sucks!

Living vicariously through your MX posts,
CR "Chilly Pepper"
Houston, TX
AMA/AHRMA/TVRC/POG