Diamond Don's Race

Started by firstturn, April 21, 2013, 10:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstturn

Great Racing and Chicago Jerry did his normal Great Job on the Cross Country.  Brian has made Pentons look great in the MX.  Randy showed up from Ohio so we had a great representation for Penton.  It is a wonderful Race with people from all over the USA.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

From Brian's Facebook feed

Brian Kirby - Yes, I got 1st and 4th Friday, 1st and a 2nd yesterday. I think I got 4th today behind a 2 time world champion and another guy who is a 2 time national champion.
11 hours ago via mobile

Elle Gibbs - Awesome Brian! Any chance there is video?
10 hours ago ยท Like

Brian Kirby - I have some helmet cam footage and I think my mom took some regular video.
9 hours ago via mobile

Elle Gibbs - I hope u will share it. So glad you had a successful weekend!
9 hours ago via mobile

Wish I had been there <Like, thumbs up!!> ;)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

brian kirby

CC I got 1st in 100 Vintage, then 4th overall and 4th PV Open behind Guy Cooper and Chris Graber on my '82 430WR Husky after a DEAD last start. I thought Trampas Parker was in front of me but his bike threw a chain.

VMX I went 1-1 in 100 Sportsman, but got passed on the last lap of moto 2 and had to use some old age, experience and treachery against the 16 yr old kid I was racing. 1st moto of Classic 125 (on the 100) I got 2nd, but I hurt my knee so I didnt go out for moto 2 which was after the 100 motos.

PV MX I only raced one class, GP500 on the 430WR Husky, headlight, taillight and all. I got great start but got knocked down in the first turn of moto 1, but got lucky and didnt stall the bike. I came back for 6th out of 10, Guy Cooper was in this class too but his Bultaco broke. 2nd moto a didnt get as good a start, I wheelied out of the gate, but I didnt get knocked down so I expected to do better. I still got a 6th, this time Guy Cooper didnt break, so in my mind thats a better finish even though its the same place.

Helmet camera footage to come soon.

Brian
Brian

tooclose racing

The man, the myth!  And I'm talking about Brian Kirby, not Guy.  Nice job, Brian! [8D]

firstturn

Brian came to race (as always).

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

I appreciate the support guys, but I have to disagree with Mr Close a little bit, I'm no myth, I'm just a regular guy who gives it 100% when the gate drops. Sometimes thats enough, sometimes its not, but I never go away worrying that I left something on the table.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

I sponsored Paula Waugh on my '72 Jackpiner and my '82 Husky 250XC with shortened suspension. Here are a couple pics, I'll have 100cc helmet cam and a link to all of the pics soon.

Paula on the '72 Piner

Brian
Brian

firstturn

Thanks for the pictures Brian.  If you want to attend a well run National Race put Diamond Dons on your schedule.  It is well run and everyone has a great time.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

brian kirby

Diamond Don's has had scoring problems in the past, but I didnt hear of any more than any other race this time, and sign up went smoothly too. I was pleased with how well everything ran.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

Brian

Randy Kirkbride

Good job Brian. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you at DD's, but Mr. Carbaugh & I watched you flying by. That little Berkshire sure sounds good.

Ron, Great to see you, as always.

Mick Milakovic

Brian, you and the Hodaka rider really put a squeeze play on what looked like another Hodaka rider back in the woods!  Was the real thing as close as the video made it look?  Exciting!

Mick
Mick

Ron

Great ride Brian, I really enjoyed watching the video.
I could see you picking better lines in the corners and going faster with each lap.
When you caught the traffic and that Hodaka got by, I started yelling at my computer, GO Brian GO!!
Way cool!!
Ron

brian kirby

Mick, yes, it was as close as it looked.

Ron, I could hear him behind me the whole race, I could hear him close up in places, and I could hear that I would pull away in places. The first moto I didnt miss one single shift, but that guy put me under pressure and I started getting sloppy in the second moto. When he got by I knew it would NOT be easy getting back around. I saw the lappers in the left hander before we got to them and decided then I was going to go to the far far inside which was smooth. I knew if the lappers slowed him down just a little I could make the pass.

Brian
Brian

jeff greenberg

What a cool vid!!!  Really enjoyed that, nice going Brian! Way to hold the Berkie banner high!
Jeff