Seat foam

Started by Mickey Sergeant, May 11, 2013, 11:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Looking for the long Tall seat foam that someone is willing to part with. Would like new that someone maybe didn't use in a project.Needs to be the hard stiff foam.I can hear the jokes you guys are thinking of.Al doesn't have the long tall.

Ron

Al's long tall foam is harder than a rock, I hate it.
It does keeps my butt off the seat though, so I guess that's a good thing.
I've been considering drilling holes in the foam, to soften it.

Mickey Sergeant

On his websight he says he doesn't have the long tall.I will check with him on Monday.

Mickey Sergeant

I have the short tall on my other bike and I actually like it.For me the way I corner it makes it easier to get over the front end.I also found out for me it makes it easier to shift the sachs motors because you are sitting up higher and your knees are not bent as much.Makes upshifting easier.When I'm sitting low it'shard for me to get a good positive upshift.

74 Berkie
74 Sixdays

imported_n/a

There's at least 1 Long/Tall seat foam on ebay right now. Been there for some time now.

Chris Heeter

chicagojerry

ams racing has them.  those are hard as well.   480 610 4574   amasracing.com   chi jer

Mickey Sergeant

I saw the one on ebay.It just says long.Will give them a call to get more info

John Collard

I recently purchased a new seat foam, long tall type to replace my sorry looking original. It came via ebay in the US so I don't know who made it.

It is extremely solid, not surprising when you consider that the new one weighs 5Lb 7ozs. The original weighed 1LB 10ozs!

I reckon the original had a lot of holes inside which I won't be able to see unless I cut it open.

John Collard

gooddirt

those  are based on the MC5 flatter seat base wont fit the alloy base with out mods