Adventure Touring Movie

Started by Mick Milakovic, July 13, 2013, 09:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

If you're interested in watching two great movies about adventure touring, logon to Hulu.com and watch "The Long Way Round" and "The Long Way Down".  The movies follow actors Ewen McGregor (Obe Wan Kanobe from Star Wars) and his buddy Charlie Boorman as they travel first from London through Asia and end in New York on BMW GS bikes, then from London through Western Europe and down Africa to Cap Town, South Africa.  Fantastic scenery, bikes getting stuck and broke down in Mongolia and Siberia.  You had to put up with some of their political views, but overall a great watch.

Kip and Dennis, now I know why you love your adventure bikes so much!

http://www.hulu.com/long-way-round

http://www.hulu.com/long-way-down

Mick
Mick

Kip Kern

Mick, Just had a friend invited to ride all of Cuba on an adventure machine, I'm jealous!

Dennis Jones

Mick you need to join in on the fun :D

Cuba! How cool would that be.

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Michael Thompson

Is this bike the super enduro?
Quotequote:Originally posted by Dennis Jones

Mick you need to join in on the fun :D

Cuba! How cool would that be.

Dennis Jones

2003 KTM 300exc
1997.5 KTM 200 "Jackpine"
1983 KTM 495
1983 YAMAHA IT250
1984 YAMAHA IT200
1992 Yamaha WR200
1986 HONDA Z50 My first bike
Hope to add a PENTON soon!
[email protected]
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
1975 Penton 250 Hairscrambler
2018 Suzuki Rmz450
1982 Honda cr480
2008 Yamaha yz250
1996 Honda cr250
1998 Suzuki rm250
1988 Suzuki rm250
1978 Suzuki rm400
1973 Suzuki ts100

Dennis Jones

Yes, 2008 950 SE

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Gordon Brennan

Another great adventure movie is 'The Motorcycle Diaries' It is a true story. It is also in sub-titles. But don't let that sway you from watching. Great movie!!
Here's a trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u0U3dbVMHk

LynnCamp

I was recently dragged kicking and screaming into the dual-sport world and was shown these movies...... thought they were fantastic!  However, I will have to say that some of my "seasoned" friends (or is that grumpy old men :) turned their noses up at the amount of support Ewan and Charlie had during their adventure. There isn't an hour I don't go down the road wishing I could ride with my feet up on the handlebars like Charlie!!!

Dennis -- was trying to figure out what mountain your KTM was sitting on and what tires you are running. I recently switched to Heidenau and it is truly extraordinary in the dirt, gravel and on the pavement..... plus I am hearing of people getting 14,000 miles out of them.

Kip -- you may remember that we moved to Colorado for the dirt trails, but I would have to say that the dual-sport riding is equally fantastic!  Forget Cuba -- If you come to our neck of the woods, let me know.  I don't believe there is anywhere in the world where you can get such a wide variety of spectacular scenery - from deserts to canyons to multiple 12,000 foot mountain passes -- all in a day's ride!  All of the twisties your heart desires! (but maybe a few too many rocks :)
Lynn

Dennis Jones

Lynn,
That picture is on Haggerman Pass just west of Leadville, CO. The tires on the SE are Heidenaus and had around 4,000 miles on them in that picture which is great mileage for a 950 KTM.

Here is another picture from Haggerman taken on the 4th of July a few years ago of my old KTM 640 Adventure

Dennis Jones
Dennis Jones

Kip Kern

Lynn, Thanks for the invite, will be moving to Socal in a few years to be by the kids and grandkids.  Lookout Grand Canyon, here I come, BMW and all![:p]