Happy Thanksgiving

Started by chicagojerry, November 28, 2013, 09:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

its time again to pause and reflect on the many blessings that we all have. if i may, i would like to relay a quick little story.
 this last week was a trying one for me, a lot of stress, nothing really big, but i was feeling sorry for myself. on tuesday when i checked in for work at the bosses office, somebody mentioned Thanksgiving. i relayed my story that some of you may have heard before. in  november, 1987   i had been laid off from work for about a year to the day. no insurance for my family, and my unemployment had just run out that week. i got a call from ford on a friday asking me if i would like to re-locate from my home in suburban chicago to the cleveland ohio area. i started back to work the following monday. it was a Blessing then and has remained as such. (Thanksgiving meant a LOT to me THAT year.) But i had forgotten how truly blessed i am. that simple, passing mention of Thanksgiving jogged my memory just enough to make me pause and reflect on just how truly good i have it. needless to say, i snapped out of my little funk , right then and there after i told my chicago to cleveland story. the Good Lord gave me a little nudge to remind me. i am truly grateful and today especially, i will pause and thank Him for all He has done.
 happy thanksgiving to all of you.    chicago jerry

firstturn

Jerry,
  The story is always great to hear and remind us all how Blessed we are to live in this Great Country.  Thanks again for the story.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

clayman

Very good story, Jerry. We are truly blessed for all we have: God is good!
Happy Thanksgiving.

Clay

wade195

tomale

Great story,  we are blessed, so many seem to forget that!  What a sad way to live, I am so thankful for so many things including all the folks on this site!

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
76' 250 MC5 (orginal owner)
74' 1/2 440 maico
70' 400 maico (project)
72' cr125 Husky (project)
93' RMx 250 suzuki
Honda TL 125
2004 Suzuki DL1000

Thom Green,Still crazy after all these years!
74\\\' 1/2 440 maico
70\\\' 400 maico (project)
93\\\' RMx 250 suzuki
2004 Suzuki DL1000
1988 Honda Gl 1500
2009 KTM 400 XC-W

tooclose racing

A belated Happy Thanksgiving to the POG and my fellow Penton racers.  And I want to mention one thing I'm grateful for - Jerry himself - who finds the time outside of his day job to support our AHRMA XC racing efforts (HUGE...)and others at this site with their bike projects.

Thanks Jerry.