1976 175 Jack Piner handlebars

Started by davelar, December 03, 2013, 12:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davelar

I need a set of handlebars for a 1976 Jack Piner. I am not looking for an exact copy of the original bars, but would like something close.  Obviously, I can cut down bars that are too wide.  I am trying to end up with bars that are about 30' wide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave Larrabee

rob w

Hi Dave, I use handlebar riser blocks, with a more modern handlebar. Stronger, safer, more choice of bends available. I can't direct you where to get the risers, I made mine.

Parmabike on ebay has the correct reproduction bars. Search Penton handlebar. But they're $130, and I believe mild steel.

gooddirt

davelar

Given time, I have answered my own question.  After ordering several sets of handlebars, I have chosen two.  One set is from ebay and is sold by Legends Motorcycles, Inc. in Colorado.  They have sufficient rise and a short enough cross bar so they can be shortened and still allow ample room for the controls.  The other set comes from Strictly Hodaka and has more rise and a longer cross bar.  I think I can shorten them enough and still have room for the controls.  I plan to try both and see which one I prefer.