Browsing VMD 2013 photos.

Started by Dale Fisher, January 07, 2014, 07:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Always something I enjoy revisiting on a winters day.  This time hunkered down in the Northeast with temp currently -14C.

Thought this photo was interesting, my guess would be Saturday morning.  Note three things - bulges overhead in the tent, JP holding the umbrella and also sporting definitely non-hi point boots. The POG tent was hit by a downpour that morning resulting in a flood and raging creek thru the food prep area.

Here's the link to more photos of the event.
http://gallery.americanmotorcyclist.com/AMA-VMD/2013-BikeBanditcom-AMA-Vintage/33648626_CrwLPS#!i=2924169321&k=NXc5Gmj

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - Memberships
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

ALB

Dale,

Thanks for posting this photo. The photo was taken on Saturday morning. Seeing John wearing those boots in that photo helped me to remember that morning. I was under the POG tent getting my shoes wet walking around the "swamp". I remember John being inside the tent either before or after the seminar wearing those boots. I remember thinking to myself that John had the right idea that morning with all the rain that we had.

Looking at the bulges in the tent (in the photo) is a sign that there is a lot of water sitting there. One of the things that I learned many years ago at Mid-Ohio - was to keep an eye on the EZ-ups. They fill up with water and that water needs to be emptied out. Using a folding chair to push up against the bulge helps to keep you at distance from the water as it pours out over the sides. Two years ago, at Mid-Ohio during one of the rain storms, there was an unattended EZ-up within sight of the POG tent. After emptying the water from our EZ-up I spotted this EZ-up bulging with water. Just as I was getting ready to head over to it with my folding chair to empty it, it fell apart from the weight of the water. All the framing was twisted and mangled up.

Can anyone identify all the people sitting at that table? I recognize three of them.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Bob Bean

Terry Cunningham, Dick Burleson, Malcalm Smith, Mike Melton, The guy with the grey hat.. Worked at KTM..  Dang cant remember his name.. Desert rider..   and Of course  JP. I got a few...

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Bob Bean

Scott Harden.... Just took a day to remember Scotts name..!
CRS..

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Gary Roach

Andrew Delong is sitting to JP's right, and Fred Andrews is on the end.

Paul Danik

Gunnar Lindstrom is between Dick B. and Malcolm.