Steel Tanker Six Days Paint Codes

Started by tofriedel, January 10, 2014, 11:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tofriedel

Does anyone have the paint codes for the 125 Steel Tankers?  I have found a painter, but need the correct paint codes.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tony
Tony

Fred Deagostino

Tony, I just went thru this last summer with the help of a best friend/ex-employer/best custom anything painter here in the east.
If you do a search on ' Useful info. re: Limco Paint ' you will find those codes and some other info. your guy might like to have.
Also, if you do another search on ' V416 ' page one will show you my bike before, and page two will show it done, using the codes (PPG) that we used. Let us know how you make out.

P.S.  Look into a  post that I think Kip Kern put up recently re: the outer white pinstripe not being "connected" at the bottom of the tank.
I didn't know that and so my stripe is wrong. Don't follow my lead on that one!  :(

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

gooddirt

Did you check your last post on tank paints ? [?]

Fred Deagostino

Uh Oh..!  Did I miss something?  Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Fred Deagostino

Hmmm, 'a bit puzzled as to what I might need to be looking for. Before posting my reply referencing the 'Limco' thread to Tony I rechecked the codes listed there against my notes and they were right.
This AM I checked again against the labels on the actual cans of leftover paint. They match up too. I'm fretting a bit here. 'Paints too important and expensive to screw up so I'd been careful when posting those codes.    Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Kip Kern

Fred, I have the Dupont code, will post it tonight for you

tofriedel

Thanks to all that offered the information I required.

Larry, yes I saw your reply and I thank you for the response.  If my local guy doesn't pan out I will contact your painter.

Fred, thank you for your input.  Great information and a great help.  Your V419 is beautiful.  Great restoration.

Tony
Tony

Fred Deagostino

Thanks Kip, Tony's painter will then have both my PPG and your Dupont codes. Painters always have their own preferences. He should be in the front row re: codes.
Tony, A: you're most welcome, and B: thanks for the compliment, they sure are handsome bikes. Get some pics up for us when you're done! 'Best of luck...,   Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Kip Kern

Dupont ChromaBase BC
Knee area K9352K, Country Coach White
Tank GM249K, Spectramaster Green Effect

Primer tank, paint knee panel areas 1st, tape/paper knee areas off and paint tank.  Add decals then Clear lightly, After dried, pin stripe!  Have fun!

joe novak

Since everyone is on the topic of paint codes...    Steel tank Berkshire (red) tank?

tofriedel

Kip,

Thank you for the additional information.  You guys are the best.

Tony
Tony

Bob Bean

Kip, My painter is having problems finding these paints.
Where do you get it ?

Bob Bean

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Bob Bean

Anyone ?

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

Kip Kern

I get all mine local, Automotive Color & Supply, Marion IN a Dupont products dealer

Bob Bean

Kip,

The Dupont dealer in michigan said he couldnt find those codes?
"Dupont ChromaBase BC
Knee area K9352K, Country Coach White
Tank GM249K, Spectramaster Green Effect"
are they all GM colors or?

Maybe I should just have him call your dealer in Marion..

Bob

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany