tranny trouble

Started by mike carr, July 04, 2002, 11:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike carr

I have a 72 penton that i just got around to messing with, it started,that made me happy,i put it in 1st gear that went quite well, i put it in second, nothing, i put it in third, nothing. It felt like it shifted, no grinding or bad sounds.I went on to forth and it worked just fine.Asuming sombody didnt take second and third out,is there adjustment in the shifting mechanism that can possibly solve my shifting woes. It felt normal when i shifted,just no gears.
If someone out there has some insight i would be beholden to you,thank you much.

Kip Kern

Sounds like it's time for a new selector rod/key and possibly a few gears.

Larry Perkins

A Sachs motor with tranny woes?  That's a new one.  (Joke) Seriously, if you need any of the Sachs internals let me know I have a bunch of that stuff NOS.

mike carr

Quotequote:
I have a 72 penton that i just got around to messing with, it started,that made me happy,i put it in 1st gear that went quite well, i put it in second, nothing, i put it in third, nothing. It felt like it shifted, no grinding or bad sounds.I went on to forth and it worked just fine.Asuming sombody didnt take second and third out,is there adjustment in the shifting mechanism that can possibly solve my shifting woes. It felt normal when i shifted,just no gears.
If someone out there has some insight i would be beholden to you,thank you much.

thanks guys,i suppose i pretty much knew it wasnt going to be as simple as tweeking something, but it doesnt hurt to be hopefull.
I will probably be getting ahold of you soon larry, thanks mike carr.

Doug Wilford

Make sure the counter shaft sprocket nut is tight, left hand thread!!