Cleaning out the Trailer to move

Started by Rob Thatcher, May 22, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Thatcher

Hi,
I got a job transfer and I am moving to Columbus.  I have a '74 Six Days High Breather frame (rusted under seat but the rest is solid) complete with forks and triple trees (32mm) and bar clamps, airbox, tank (not pretty but restorable), swingarm (usable with good pivot and bushings), brake pedal, axles, wheels (rear Radelli crusty but usable, front is Akront mud catcher type in GC with safety wired spokes), brake hubs, 5A transmission, right 6A case, 6A magneto cover (vapor blasted) but cut for racing (includes cut off section) could be re-welded to make complete.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something.  One ISDT lever with front brake cable and barrel fitting, very restorable.  I believe there is also a set of grey clutch and brake cables in there, along with the sprocket carrier.  No seat, carb or exhaust.  Everything is in the Columbus area right now, but I am back and forth to Cleveland almost weekly.  $50 for all of it, just need it gone. I will gladly meet you somewhere. Set yourself up for a sale at Vintage Days!

Mick Milakovic

Rob, I'll take it.  I live on NW side of Indy and can meet you half way any evening next week.  765-891-1185.  Thank you,

Mick
Mick

joe novak

Rob,   If you are not up for a drive to Indy, I live in your backyard (avon).... and can save you the time.
  joe   440-934-4067

Rob Thatcher

Sorry Joe, Mick is taking it all.  We are meeting tomorrow near Dayton.  All the junk is already down here in southern Ohio, too.

Daniel P. McEntee

I wouldn't call this stuff just "junk." I have come up with a more fitting term, which is "viable junk." It may not be of any use to you, but may be real helpful to someone else. We all have accumulated excess parts and materials, but wouldn't throw any of it away! I will be making some viable junk available as soon as I finish the two Penton projects I'm working on and know I won't need the stuff anymore.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Rob Thatcher

Viable junk it is, then.  My wife doesn't see it that way.  If I had the time, I would have done something or set up a booth at Mid Ohio, Clear Creek or Athens.  It looks as if my vintage riding for the year is already over, selling a house, moving out, moving in, school, ect. Luckily, most of it came reasonable as part of a two parts bike deal.  I was even considering a Pentaha with my ATMX engine! That bike is complete.  Would have been cool in the penton frame. If my son won't ride that, it may have to go too.

Mick Milakovic

Thanks again for the bike, Rob.  The project may take me a year as I have a couple others already started, but will be completed, for sure!  Pleasure meeting you,

Mick
Mick