Jack Penton Replica

Started by Bill Campbell, June 01, 2014, 05:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian kirby

They had some sort of goldish/green coating on them, I have never heard what exactly the coating was, but most of them it is long gone now and only bare magnesium is left, or they have been painted.

Brian
Brian

Bill Campbell

Hi guys this is my take on Jack's Penton. It nowhere a copy but the best I can do. I have started the bike but yet to take it for a ride. Picture is not that good as it has been raining here for two days.

brian kirby

Brian

Toolsurfer

Looking good from my perspective!!

Mike Schulz

Nice job Bill! Hope she runs as good as she looks!
Mike Schulz

Toolsurfer

Looking good from my perspective!!

Mike Schulz

Nice job Bill! Hope she runs as good as she looks!
Mike Schulz

Bill Campbell

Took "Jack" out last weekend for his first serious ride. As usual the motor feels completely different to my other 250 motors. This one actually pulls from down low with next to no loading up and accelerates smoothly building power without all of the hit of some of the others. Perhaps I am getting older ( slower) and have forgotten how the others go. I did try to set the ignition for low end power and the exhaust is a bit of a weld together job but overall I think the power is what i was looking for. Who needs a Mikuni! I also came away from the weekend with a late 76 GS6 Jackpiner project. Did Tom Penton ride these in '77 ? Before I get into this the Steel Tanker has to get under way. Hope your winter is a warm one. Bill

Andreas Piepke

Nice bike! Post some "in action" pictures.

Andreas

'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
'73 Norton Commando
'77 Maico 440 GS
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS