2 Penton bikes and a frame for sale

Started by Clinta Carmichael, June 08, 2014, 10:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinta Carmichael

Hi!  I am Thomas Carmichael's widow, Clinta.  Many of you may still remember Thomas and may have been one of his dear Penton friends!    I have recently sold my home and I am downsizing.  My children and I are unable to continue to store Thomas's bikes and equipment so I've decided to sell them.  Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about the bikes, including their age.  I know that Thomas did a lot of work to them, he rode them up until he was diagnosed with brain cancer and they've not been riden in 4 years now.  He also had a frame powder coated(?) because he had planned to rebuild another bike.  I need to sell the bikes and equipment and don't know what to ask for them so I have decided to sell to the highest bidder.  I am happy to provide pictures of the bikes to you and to the extent that I can, I will answer your questions.  Please feel free to call me at 864-905-3180 or email me at [email protected].  Thanks for your help!

Daniel P. McEntee

Good Morning Mrs. Carmichael:
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure the group here will help all we can to find new homes for your husband's bikes and gear if you are ready to sell them. We do need some more details, as to which model of Penton's they are and such, and pictures will help a lot. Maybe even some members down your way can view the bikes in person and help determine the value and set prices. I think that would be better than just taking bids. I'm not that good with computers so I can't help with pictures, but maybe another member will be able to post them here for you. It's summer, and the list gets quiet with people out doing other things, so be patient until the add can be seen by people that can help. In the mean time, if your children can help you determine what model Penton the bikes are, along with the frame numbers off the bikes and the frame, and posting that information here will help get the ball rolling.
  Take care and good luck,
   Dan McEntee

rd400pi

As a reminder, South Carolina area?

chicagojerry

i sent her a personal email earlier this morning asking for some pix to help determine what she has. she repied back and said that she will get some pix to me. i will do my best to pass any info on...    chi jer

seanguthrie

I'd love to see what she has Jer.  I'm tentatively shopping for a 71-74 6day.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

Lew Mayer

Thanks Jerry. I know you'll deal with her fairly.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

swamp fox

Clinta had sent me an email about the bikes, and I've expressed interest in one of Thomas's other bikes, but I haven't been able to connect with her as of lately.

I had also forwarded the email to firstturn(Ron) and rob w(Bob), as they knew TC also. Ron had helped TC with some parts for the 250, and expressed interest in the enduro headlight, which isn't on the bike at the taking of the picture. (It's actually seen on the toolbox in the background of the steel tanker pic. ;) )

So here's what I know:

A 76 250 that he had ridden at one or two of the Reunion Rides.

A 68 Steel tanker 125. I have a photo that is a few years prior to TC's passing. During the resto. I think it is finished.

A second steel tanker that has not been finished. Not sure of the cc.

A Honda XR200 (I think). Not sure about the year.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

swamp fox

Quotequote:Originally posted by rd400pi

As a reminder, South Carolina area?

Yes, Greer/Greenvile area. Upstate SC

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

Clinta Carmichael

Hello to all the nice people that have offered to help!  I am struggling to figure out how to post pictures or forward my picture file via email but I'm hopeful that with my daughter's help tonight I will be able to do that and can post pictures here.  Thanks again for your help!

Clinta Carmichael