New Penton Owner

Started by Paul Fetter, July 30, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fetter

When I raced enduros in the sixties and seventies I wanted a Penton. Could never afford one so I settled on the Hondas Kaws Suzukis.  Now I finally have one.  A 1976 175 that was in a garage since 1982.  Problem was it was put there after it had motor problems during the Michigan Jack Pine Enduro and was never washed or touched.  Took the top end offand it looks like it broke a ring which then pretty much ruined they'd piston.  I have the cylinder at a machine shop to see if it just can be honed or if it needs to be bored to first over.  Question is where to look for parts that might be needed.  Right now I just want to get it running so I can ride it some this fall and then take it all apart this winter and do it right.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Trying to keep motorcycles from the grave.
Trying to keep motorcycles from the grave.

Steve Minor

Welcome to POG Paul. As to the parts, Al Buehner can help you. Go to the home page, then suppliers, then look for Al's webpage link. First thing you'll need is the correct manuals.

Steve Minor

Jack Penton

seanguthrie

I always love me some garage finds.  Any pictures?  Welcome aboard, you'll find a wealth of knowledge here.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213