1975 Penton 250

Started by Everett Sammis, September 02, 2014, 07:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everett Sammis

I am a new member and was wondering if anybody out there knows what a 1975 250 Penton is worth with 101 miles, all original including the spark plug.Thanks for all the great intel. Slacker

Kip Kern

Photos please for a better idea:)

rd400pi

I'm thinking probably not worth anything mostly due to really old sparkplug.  I'll forward shipping instructions this afternoon in order to relieve you of this burden.  It's really the least I can do.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa, OK

Everett Sammis

I don't know how to post photo's. The bike has been stored in my brothers family room since 1980. He bought it from the parents of a Vet who unfortunitely did not return home. The white fenders have faded a little but other then that, it is brand new. John Penton signed it and called it a waste of a perfectly good motorcycle. Thanks for your interest.

Andreas Piepke

Hi Slacker,

Go to the "Search" link (top right) and put: "photobucket instructions to load on POG site" into the search window. This will get you a good description of the procedure. Before that post I didn't know how to post pictures either.

Andreas
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

hankthecrank

Hi Slacker. I really don't know how much a 75 250 is worth. I would say if it were mine and had that history, and had been used very little: it would take a very good reason and a lot of cash to part with. Still if a buyer and seller get together items change hands. Good luck and welcome to the POG. These guys won't steer you wrong.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Everett Sammis

Thanks everyone.I had a bad crash trail riding alone which took me off 2 wheels in 86. I am now 58 and have the common sense to ride normal so I bought a 71 Steel tank. Then I find out about Penton Owners Group and its unbelievable all the intel out there. I just through the question about the worth of my brothers 250 just see the answers. We like collectable cars and motorcycles and I don't think he has plans to let it go. He knows it's rare. But thanks for all the great and funny responses. Andreas, I will try to figure out the photo bucket and post some pictures.  Slacker

gooddirt

Brand New ?  2500 to 6500