ROKON

Started by imported_n/a, September 18, 2014, 09:58:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imported_n/a

Hello All   I am looking for a Rokon RT-340 yes I know it's not Penton but the ROC don't seem to helpful the laded down shock type would be nice.  It's for a two day enduro over here in Wales in 2015 it's been 21 years form the last time we raced a Rokon in an event so if you have one for sale or know anyone who wants to please let me know  RB

454MRW

I don't know how nice, or what your budget or shipping arrangements can afford, but there is a very nice low mileage 73/74 RT-340 on eBay right now with 4 days to go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-1973-74-rokon-rt-340-/231330204333?forcerrptr=true&hash=item35dc5acaad&item=231330204333&pt=US_motorcycles
Or, you can contact Mike Murphy at http://www.vintagemxracer.com/rokonrenew1.html for a rebuilt, or purpose built racer. Mike also has an email of RT340AUTO at aol.com

Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1974 250 HS Pentons-1980 KTM 175-400'S
1975 Can Am 175 TNT & 77 250 Black Widow
1979 Husqvarna OR390
1976-78 RM & 77-79 PE Suzuki's
1974 CR250M 07 CR125R 79 CR250R
Michael R. Winter
I enjoy rebuilding and appreciating Pentons!
1976 Penton MC5 400
1977 KTM MC5 125
1978 KTM 78 GS6 250
L78-79 MX6 175-250 KTM\\\'s
1976-78 125-400 RM\\\'s
2007 CR125R Honda
1977 MC250 Maico
2017 KTM Freeride 250R

imported_n/a

Thank you Michael for the led on the Rokon most helpful I will contact the owner tonight  Best Regards RB

rob w

Mike Murphy in Virgina would be the first person to contact for anything Rokon. He usually has one, or some available. Then Joe Murphy (no relation) in Iowa would be a good guy to ask. They are both POG forum members, but don't stop in all that often. I'll get a message to both of them to visit this site, and let you know what they have.
Bob

imported_n/a

Many thanks Bob for your help  Best Regards Roy

JCHubbard

Recently bought a restored 73 yellow tanker from Mike Murphy a couple of months ago.  He did a very nice job of building and setting up the bike for my personal riding style. I'm very satisfied.
JC Hubbard

Joe Murphy

I have Rokons but none of them would be for sale at a "reasonable" price.  Mike Murphy is the guy.

Lew Mayer

John, did Mike hook you into one, too? I've been riding my Rokon all this year.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

imported_n/a

It's always a problem if you are in the UK for boxing and shipping you can buy the bike but then you have to get it home

MikeMurphy

Thanks guys. Roy, you can contact me about a Rokon at
RT340AUTO at aol dot com
Mike

Michael Murphy
1976 250 MC-5
Many Rokons
[email protected]
Michael Murphy
Preston Petty Products
1978 400 MC-5
[email protected]

Daniel P. McEntee

Shipping a bike overseas is pretty tough! I shipped three bikes to VINDURO member David Haines in South Africa. he said any vehicle going overseas has to travel with it's official paperwork, title and such, not copies. he had a '79 250 Husky, a 250 KLX Kawasaki, and a Rokon RT-2 he had stored here for when he came over to ride in the ISDT Reunion Rides. To ship them overseas, the answer was to ship them as parts. He instructed me to take the bikes apart and spread them over two shipping crates. I got lucky and found a local guy ob Craig's List that had wood crates that were OK for shipping overseas for 18 bucks! It was in taking the Rokon apart that led me to wanting to own one of them! I stripped the bike down to it main components, forks, seat, tank, wheels, engine, frame and fenders, with two combination wrenches and a screw driver! I decided I had to have one after riding another guy's RT-2 on a quick test ride at a ISDTRR. Mike Murphy has been a great help to me filling in some blanks as far as documentation. They are a neat bike, and Mike is a great guy to deal with.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

JCHubbard

Quotequote:Originally posted by Lew Mayer

John, did Mike hook you into one, too? I've been riding my Rokon all this year.

Lew Mayer

He sure did Lew.  Took it for it's maiden voyage up at Andy's place a few weeks ago, and couldn't have been happier.  I had a smile on my face almost the entire time I was riding it. Handled much better than I would've ever imagined!  Twist & go, then brake, then twist & go some more...It's a really fun bike to ride.  I know how much you like yours Lew, and now I understand why.
JC Hubbard

got some Rokon parts and info for sale  Dave

MikeMurphy

Dave,
Email me what parts and stuff you have.
Thanks,
Mike
RT340AUTO at aol dot com

Michael Murphy
1978 400 MC-5
Many Rokons
[email protected]