broken side case

Started by Joe Murphy, September 25, 2014, 04:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Murphy

I knocked my 75 250 over and the shifter went thru the case. looking for another one
Joe Murphy
[email protected]
319-351-3719  noon to midnight

chicagojerry

i might have one joe. how pretty do you want it to be?  can you send me a pic to make sure i get you the right one?   chi jer

seanguthrie

Ouch, that sucks!

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213

chicagojerry

hey joe. text me your address tomorrow. i have one for you, not very pretty but usable. i have to ship some other stuff too so i can get it sent off.  chi jer

Joe Murphy

Thanks Jerry,
let me know how much
Just need one that will hold ATF back
thanks

Joe Murphy  2050  North Dubuque Street
Iowa City, Iowa 52245

Daniel P. McEntee

How big is the hole? Did it break anything else that would make it unusable if you welded up the hole? Can you post a pic or send one to me so I can check it out? I have a supply of magnesium rod and have TIG welded cases before.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
  dpmcenthusiast @ aol.com

Joe Murphy

Dan that is a question i did not think about. I will send you and Jerry pictures of the damage.  I crash harder in the garage than I do on the track

Joe Murphy

pictures are on my facebook page.

Kip Kern

Daniel P. McEntee

Looks like it's right in the center or the "circle" that is clearance for the clutch. Should not be a problem for anyone with a TIG torch and the proper rod. A little welding, a little grinding and a little painting and you would be good to go. Magnesium isn't difficult to weld. The big problem is finding rod. Not much is made commercially with Magnesium these days it seems. Most welding supply places will only sell you 10 pounds minimum at a time for 30 to 40 bucks a pound. I got lucky and found a pound at a local welding supply shop that was glad to have me take it off their hands!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee