just dragged home 2 old steel tankers

Started by 400gs6, October 27, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400gs6

Just got a pair of old Steel tank 125 Six Days. One is a cast iron barrel, V984. Any guess on year? Spent the day cleaning it up, been in a barn for decades. Fortunately, it's not stuck and got great compression and spark. Cleaning the carb and tank. Hope to fire up tomorrow. It's got a very short seat, cover is riveted on sides.. Anyone making covers?

The other is V3186 Also not stuck, compression seems good. I'll try yo post pics if there's any interest.

Kurt
KURT FLACHBART

hotrod392

Congratulations on the find!

V984 sounds like a '68 model. Pictures would be great to see if it has all the hard to find parts unique to the '68.

I'll let someone else chime in on V3186.

Shane

400gs6

Just got it running this morning. Had been sitting for decades. Cleaned carb/tank/points and started 3rd kick!   Been tearing up the neighborhood all morning!

KURT FLACHBART

Fred Deagostino

Congratulations Kurt, What a find! I have V416 which was a 'time capsule' bike like yours. Both would I think make a great study re: changes made within the 568 units between yours and mine. Especially given their nearly unaltered condition when found. I see a great many differences between the two. For the guys who might like to compare the two point for point a search on V416 will give pics of it as it left the barn like Kurt's did. 'Might be helpful for the Steel Tanker Project (?)
  On a lighter note, how's listening to that stinger working out for ya?
 (chuckle)    Fred

V416 OneMoreTime
V416 OneMoreTime

Kip Kern

Kurt
Miss those days back in the late 80's early 90's finding them things all over the place. Just like a treasure hunt!  Love that CZ leaning on the trailer!
Nice find

seanguthrie

Great find! I'll get back into the steel tanker market one of these days.

74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213
74 250 Hare scramble
73 CMF 6day
68 6day V213