Doug and Dot Wilford married 57 years !

Started by Paul Danik, December 20, 2014, 02:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

December 20th. is Doug and Dot Wilford's 57th. wedding anniversary, quite a remarkable achievement.

Dot says they will be having a family gathering where Doug is staying on Sunday. For anyone not familiar with the situation, Doug requires care and things could be better, but Doug is still an ISDT rider at heart and not to be underestimated.

Dot is quite a gal, a True Angel to be more precise. She is constantly with Doug, as well as taking care of things on the home front. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Paul

swamp fox

Happy Anniversary Doug and Dot.

And Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
Robert Manucy
72 Berkshire
72 Six Day
82 Honda cr250r
04 BMW K 1200 GT - KIA in N. Ga. - 32987 smiles
08 BMW K 1200 S
17 Ktm 300 Six Day (50th Aniversary) ;)

firstturn

Two of the most wonderful people I have ever met.  Congratulation on you Anniversary.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

hankthecrank

Happy Anniversary Doug and Dot. We are praying for you.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Daniel P. McEntee

I was fortunate to have met Doug and Dot and some of the early ISDT Reunion Rides and getting to talk with Doug a bit at the 2003 ISDTRR VINDURO Last Supper. I build and fly model airplanes as another hobby, and had a SIG Manufacturing hat on at the place we were eating at (SIG is a major manufacturer of model airplane supplies and kits), and Doug asked me what kind of models I flew and that he dabbled in that also! Just a real treat, and I hope and pray for all the best for Doug and Dot!
  Merry Christmas!
  Dan McEntee

Lew Mayer

Happy Anniversary, Doug and Dot!

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

firstturn

Just a note to tell you how Special this Marriage is, Doug shared with me the story of he had met Dot and was transferred from Eglin Air Force base in Ft Walton,Fl to a base in California.  Well he wanted to see her and hitch hiked from California to Florida over Thanksgiving and made it back for roll call on Monday morning......the guy was keeping time before Enduros.  Great Couple.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Jack Penton

Happy anniversary from the Penton family!

ALB

I am truly grateful for having had the opportunity to meet and get to know both Dot and Doug.

I would see Doug on a regular basis about 2 times a week when he was doing the Sachs engine rebuilds. He would stop into my store to pick up the parts that he needed. He would spend at least a half hour sharing his many stories. He had a lifetime of experiences. Once in a while he would stop in with Dot and their dog - Coco.

Doug and Dot would graciously allow me to hold my POG "mailing parties" at their house where the latest "Still Keeping Track" newsletters would be put together for mailing out. The parties would be regularly attended by Al Born, Al Martin, Ollie Martin, Jeff Borer, Jim Borer, and Paul Busick. Dot would serve us coffee, tea, and cookies.

Love and blessings to two of the most wonderful people on their 57th wedding anniversary.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner