Transmission adjusting article needed

Started by penton117, July 24, 2002, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penton117

Hi Fellow Poggers,

Once upon-on-time I saw an article copied and posted (somewhere) on adjusting Sachs tranmssions. I thought it was on the Vinduro website, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a copy or know where it could be found?

Thanks,

Don

FMF MX

Don -

I have the the original copy of the Dirt Bike magazine that has the sachs adjustment article in it. (Also has test on Monark 125 gs!) If you send me your snail mail address, I will mail you a copy of the article.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

penton117

Bart,

The generosity of my fellow poggers never ceases to amaze me! Thanks alot. Please send to:
A-VAC Industries
attn: Don McGregor
1845 S. Lewis St.
Anaheim, CA. 92805

ktmkirk

Quotequote:
Hi Fellow Poggers,

Once upon-on-time I saw an article copied and posted (somewhere) on adjusting Sachs tranmssions. I thought it was on the Vinduro website, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a copy or know where it could be found?

Thanks,

I would also like a copy of the sachs transmission adjusting article, Please send a copy to
Kirk Sessions
4108 S. Dayton Brandt Rd.
New Carlisle, Ohio 45344

Thanks....Kirk
Don

leoheyman

i have an article on sachs trannies in an
old popular cycling magazine.  1972 or so.
you are welcome to it if it would help.
what is your address....trade you a copy of
the dirt bike tranny article

leo

lee-lee
leoheyman

Doug Wilford

There was also an article or two on Sach tranny problems and adjustments in the Penton Group Newsletter a few issues back.  Written by Kip Kern and yours truly.   One of the better reasons to being a POG member.

john durrill

Doug,
 can we get back issues of the still keeping track?
Every issue i have has a lot of very good information in it.
John D.

FMF MX

Ok..I mailed a copy of the Dirt Bike Mag article called "fixing the fickle fichel" to both Don and Kirk..I will also mail one to Doug Wilford if he wants it for distribution to anyone else who needs it..Doug, let me know and I'll send it. I still have your address from when you sent the gaskets.

Bart Carrigan
Bart Carrigan

Doug Wilford

John:  There are a few of some of the POG newsletters that can be purchased.  Send me the issue # and I will check to see if there are any, cost $5.00 to POG.     Bart; If you can send me a copy.  Many things changed inside the tranny over the years, so it would be interesting to see which vintage the article is about.  I do have a very slight rememberance of the article at the time, but cannot remember any details.   If it is worth passing on I sure will be glad to.

tmc3c

I have the original KEEPING TRACK June 73. The "Lets Do It Right " By John Cobb "How To Make The 100&125 Penton's Shift Like A Dream! Do you need this or have you got the Problem solved?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

penton117

Thomas,
This Sachs motor and I continue to have our regularly scheduled wrestling matches every evening on my garage floor. A copy of your article maybe just what I need to win this battle. If you have scanned it feel free to email it to me or drop it in the mail to me at:
A-VAC Industries
attn: Don
1845 S. Lewis St.
Anaheim, CA. 92805

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Don

tmc3c

Don, I Will make copies and send to you tomorrow 7/30

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

MLewand

It sure would be nice if some of these tech articles from magazines and the newsletter could be posted on this web site. Maybe it could be set up with a password or something so that only POG members would have access. Just a thought. Don't even know if something like this is possable.

Mike

Mike L.

john durrill

Its possible but requires space. megs of storage. it can be expensive. We could use Yahoo . Form a group page and make it accesable for only POG members. that would let us post tech articles and no cost i believe.
 I would like a copy of the article don by Cobb if possible. He helped me a lot back then with tech problems. let me know what it will take to get a copy of his article.
 Doug i dont have any Still keeping tracks befor # 13.
 would it be possible to get all the past issues? who would i need to send the check to?
Thanks,
John