opinion on 6B tranny

Started by Mickey Sergeant, March 05, 2015, 12:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Last year I rebuilt my tranny on my 125, all new gears, selector rod cups and springs, gear changing assembly and JP super key. shifts great,Nice and easy.My 100 still shifts ok,keep fresh keys in it but I do miss more shifts on it.It takes more effort to push in gears,has more of a clunk when it drops in gear.When I change the key I replace the cups and springs to be safe. The only parts that has not been replaced in awhile is the selector rod and gear changing assembly.I have adjusted tranny, still shifts the same.I was thinking the selector rod maybe starting to get grooves in it or is it possible the springs are to stiff? Again still shifts pretty good just not as easy as my other bike.

Kip Kern

How are the gears spaced on the Mainshaft?  i.e.,different thickness spacers between the gears.  You can switch them around to set the gears on the mainshaft to match the layshaft gears.  This also increases/decreases the distance the key/selector rod travels between the gears.  This could be your issue:)

Mickey Sergeant

Forgot about the spacers. It's been over a year since tranny has been apart, had to replace the layshaft You may be right I didn't check that and I may have put the spacers in differen't locations.Still shifts ok so won't pull apart until absolutely have to

Thanks for advice

Mickey Sergeant

My mistake it was last summer when I replaced the layshaft. I forget what bike i'm working on at the time