RESULTS - 7th Anual Carolinas White Lightning

Started by BlueRidgePathfinder, March 13, 2015, 01:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueRidgePathfinder

Results are posted.

7th Annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic

Rounds 1 and 2 of the AHRMA / Penton Racing Production National Cross Country Championship Series

Day 1

http://www.moto-tally.com/ahrma/results.aspx/2015/1/O1/CT

Day 2

http://www.moto-tally.com/ahrma/results.aspx/2015/2/O1/CT

tooclose racing

Oh my gosh.  Just looked at the PV results.  Who the heck is Randy Richardson? Anybody that can beat Chris Graber (who is from another planet fast) has to be from another galaxy (fast).

Great to see Lew Mayer out there on his snowmobile giving 'em hell in Vintage. You go Lew!

Mid-Atlantic/NE XC well-represented.  Boo-yah!  (Or how ever that is spelled...).

jeff greenberg

Re: Randy Richardson
If Randy is from Miamisburg, Ohio , and is about 58-59 years old.  Yes, he was a very very fast MX racer back in the day. We raced together at Mid- Ohio back in the mid- 70's , as well as the 125 nationals in 1975 and 76. You can look Randy up in the Racer X Vault.

Jeff (formally from Toledo , Ohio )

jeff greenberg

Randy earned AMA national #65 in 1976
Other Ohio riders with national #'s in 1976:
Jon Leak-28
Gary Semics-15
Denny Ashworth-63
Denny Swartz-85
Jeff Greenberg-98

jeff greenberg

Bob,  I tried to maybe shed a little light on your Randy Richardson question. Not sure if you noticed the post.  Hope it helped some.

Jeff

BlueRidgePathfinder

Quotequote:Originally posted by tooclose racing

Oh my gosh.  Just looked at the PV results.  Who the heck is Randy Richardson? Anybody that can beat Chris Graber (who is from another planet fast) has to be from another galaxy (fast).

Great to see Lew Mayer out there on his snowmobile giving 'em hell in Vintage. You go Lew!

Mid-Atlantic/NE XC well-represented.  Boo-yah!  (Or how ever that is spelled...).

Bob (et al),

I'm sorry I have not replied to your post about Randy Richardson before now.  It has been a hectic couple of weeks getting caught up with life after our 7th annual Carolinas White Lightning Cross Country Classic.

This Randy Richardson is a fellow Carolina boy, and works for Michelin Motorcycle Tires managing the Western Power Sports account.

Randy, in his late forties, is a former pro motocross racer.  Here is what he has to say about that in a 2005 interview with Transworld Motocross Magazine, "I never raced as a kid, just rode a lot. Then in 1989, I started racing in the beginner class, and worked my way up to the professional ranks. It wasn't until 1993 that I started racing the Eastern regional Supercross series. That was from '93-'95. During that time I was working at Michelin as a mechanical engineer, and I would take my vacation days and use them to go to the races. I wasn't trying to make a career out of it; my goal was to make it to the night program and then watch the main event. I was already 25 years old, so I knew where my position was. For me, I just wanted to be part of the sport I loved and really thought it was cool to race at night under the lights."

Randy's father, Bobby Richardson (70) is a longtime friend of Greg Holder's, master machinist/fabricator, and talented rider in his own right.  Bobby has supported our event since the inaugural event in 2009, racing almost every year.....if not every year.

After spectating at our event with his Mom and son, this was Randy's first year competing at at our event, riding one of his Dad's beautiful Huskys.

A stripped out rear brake adjuster dampened Randy's ride on Saturday.  But, as you can see from the results, he has a great day on Sunday.

We look have both Richardsons, and a lot more of you Penton guys, at our 8th annual Carolinas White Lighting Cross Country Classic next spring in beautiful Chester County, South Carolina.

Happy trails,

Al Roof

tooclose racing

Mystery solved!  Thanks Al, great story. Jeff Greenberg and I had quite a laugh offline after your post.  I was like...uh Jeff...how old would that guy from Ohio be?

I'll say it again - a fast man.  Occasionally they show up, take names, and kick ass at our AHRMA XC events.  

Hope to make your event one day soon, but suspect it will be after I officially hang up my "nuclear" leathers in another year or so.

jeff greenberg

Yeh, pretty funny. Another fast Randy Richardson out there. Heck, might be a few more.
He woulda been bout 58, like me. Tell ya what though .  This 58 year old I ride woods with up in Michigan is faster then most good 25 year olds. I'm talking blazing fast!  His name is John Towel .  He has never even raced. And he's as nice as he is fast. Rides a KTM like he stole it..ha!!

Jeff