19th Annual ISDT Reunion Ride Re-Scheduled

Started by mike scholl, March 19, 2015, 12:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Chadwell

Quotequote:Originally posted by paul a. busick

You asked for some in put.  I would like to have a timed hill climbed section.  The Birkshire trials, ISDT events and even McArthur had such a run.  I don't know what you terrain is like at the new venue, but see what you can do. Not only are they fun for the rider, but also a good spot for the spectators. Can't wait for the event to take place-see you then. [:p]  Amherst Paul

Paul,

That's exactly the kind of input I'm looking for.  I appreciate it and will pass it on to KB.

Thanks and keep those suggestions coming.

Kevin Brown

I think our hill climb is a bit OverKill. We'll think on that... KB

paul a. busick

Yes, you are correct in giving it plenty of thought. A hill climb that might be fairly easy in good weather can be a nightmare if it rains too much before the event or during.  Be prepared to have an alternate trail around it --- should things turn nasty.  There is nothing worse then a big bottle neck holding back the herd. Also remember that some of us are passed the 70 mark, riding old motorcyles and may not be in the best of shape.  While this is a competition it is also suppose to be fun.  Amherst Paul  :D

Rob Thatcher

I hate to have events move, but I am glad this one did.  The first dates got taken over by a wedding, so I am happy to be able to ride a "home" (under 100 miles away) event. I just want to have fun

Kevin Brown

I agree with Paul. The competition part of this is cool, But the real fun comes from the ISDT/E stories being told by the past 6Days riders at the checks. And being able to ride with the ledgends that paved the way for us.
 The hill climb test was fun. It just takes the right hill to do it. A cool test isn't worth risking an entire days ride. I have a hill in mind. Man power is the other obstacle we have. I hope this will be fun for all of our club members, also. More info to come... KB

brian kirby

Looks like by some miracle I might actually be able to get that weekend off.

Brian
Brian

brian kirby

OK, I officially have the Thursday and Friday of that week off so I'm in. No idea what I will ride, maybe my '84 KTM125GS I bought from Gary Ellis 6 years ago at the '09 Reunion Ride in Ohio.

Brian
Brian

derek martin

Anybody heard if the  Michigan AHRMA ISDT event is going to be replaced? Also if I remember right AEP had strip mines around the Athens area - good spoil banks in the course? How many total acres available?

Brent Chadwell

No strip mines in this one. The camping/start area farm is close to 200 acres.  The 2 adjacent farms total about 300 acres.  Plus the Legends Ride will cover several additional properties.

We have several possible terrain tests available as well as some nice single track, creek crossings, grass tracks and logging roads.

Our goal is to honor the 6Days vets and provide an event that can be as tough (or fun) as the rider wants it to be.

wfopete

I understand that the Michigan event is still on but has been undertaken by another club. The event will now probably be held around the Bentley, MI area. Should see something official on the AHRMA website soon.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Mick Milakovic

Pete, any idea what the date will be?

Mick
Mick

wfopete

I believe it will be the same date but don't hold me to it. Expect to see something about the details on the AHRMA site this week.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

wfopete

Read the fine print.  You need to purchase a $26.25 ORV sticker to be legal for this ride.  

Not a big deal, when I went up riding in Michigan last year, I bought mine at Wal-Mart.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Brent Chadwell

We have started a website with information on the 2015 ISDT Reunion Ride. More info to come...

http://[b][url]www.isdtreunionride2015.info[/b]/isdt-rr-home.html[/url]