Rebuild Sacsh 6 B/D

Started by VICTOR MONZ, March 25, 2015, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VICTOR MONZ

Kip.

I am Victor Monz , Live out west but hometown is Lorain, Ohio.  I had the privilege to race at Meadowlark as a youngster and got to sweep floors at Penton R&D on Elyria Ave. for Uncle Ted, as my friends worked there, Rick Belsole and Jack Horinek.

My Mom went to high School with Doug Wilford and folks were from Amherst.

Anyway I need a couple motors built for projects I am building and have most of the parts, case, ignitions, cylinders and "guts" .

I could sure use an pro to build motors that are done right and reliable.

If you could assist in any way.

I pay my bills and have good references.

If you have the time and interest please e-mail me at [email protected] or (951) 488-7027

Kip Kern

Victor

Buried in projects currently until fall.  I would be happy to help say October/November if it can wait.  [email protected]

tofriedel

Victor,

You might want to give Gary Ellis a shout.  He has built a lot of Sacks and KTM motors for Trail riding, Enduro and Motocross.  His race bikes are solid competitors.

He is a Penton Owners Group Member, so he may be contacting you.

Regards,

Tony

Tony
Tony

tooclose racing

Awww, Tony - you know that we really try and limit exposing people to Gary Ellis around here.

It can be very traumatic to the newcomer :D

Not that Victor is any kind of newcomer in these circles. Great to hear our Southern California POG man is in the house and still building bikes.  He's always had some great looking hardware in his garage.

VICTOR MONZ

Mums, the word.

Gary who ?   Got it.

Victor

BrianTaylor

I think Mike is in Oregon

Mike BudschatýFans of Hercules-Sachs and Zuendapp,s

4 mins ·

I have a complete 6D DKW engine for sale.Runs with ignition.No broken fins and case is nice.This engine I think is a 74?It was in a DKW and put in a Monark while his engine was being rebuilt.It even has the 6D ignition cover which looks like new.850.00 plus shipping

Brian Taylor
Brian Taylor

VICTOR MONZ

Brian.

If you could shoot me a picture...I am interested.

[email protected]

VICTOR MONZ

Gary.

Do you have time to assemble a motor and check the insides.  I have all parts, unless unknown gears, etc. are gone.  A bore/simple hone and rings, timing and ignition installed and I'll paint it.

If you have time and interest.

[email protected]

VICTOR MONZ

I have posted a Sachs 5A motor on "Marks Vintage", I think it's called Vintage MX now.  Anyway, it's complete with ignition, excellent ignition cover, Bing carb and it was taken out of service in 1976 and turned into a display.  $2,200, plus shipping.