SuperTrapp Silencers

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, April 09, 2015, 12:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthRider

Dan, I don't think I ever saw or fooled with either the skyway or xdusor - other than seeing them in magazines. I don't recall them being related to super trapp. I'll bet that Dane would have known where they came from, also possibly Jackie, or Larry Maiers.

Somehow along the way I ended up with a bag of xdusor tuning discs in my toolbox, which I still have.

They are NOS in their original bag, and are free to a good home if anyone wants or needs them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing."

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax
_____________________________________________________________________________________

\\"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do almost anything, with nothing.\\"

1972 Penton Berkshire 100
1983 Husqvarna 250 XC
2011 Jayco 31.5 RLDS
2009 Chevy 2500 HD Duramax

Daniel P. McEntee

I never had to take mine apart, and wasn't aware that they were tunable with discs like that. They were just so unusual looking. I thought that they kind of resembled a land mine! I just have a memory of reading somewhere that the Xducers were the predecessors to the SuperTrapp.If I ever find one, or one finds me, I'll let you know.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

rd400pi

Per the SuperTrapp instructions, there is a spring that goes between the End Cap and the nut/acorn nut on the end of the Hook Bolt.  It is actually supposed to be tightened until the spring closes completely (blasphemy!) so that when the unit gets hot there will still be tension on the discs.  I have the 4 page instructions and tuning guide if anybody is interested.  Cheers.

Mike H.

Andreas Piepke

Hi Mike,

That's very interesting. Could you scan and post the instructions and tuning guide? This probably would be useful for many.

Cheers

Andreas
\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

Farmjohnny

That's very cool stuff, Mike!
Thanks for sharing!!!!

rd400pi

Ok, now I'm in hot water!  I can scan with no problem but, I'll have to flail around a little while I learn how to post them.  To be continued...

Mike H.

Daniel P. McEntee

I would be interested in that file also. Email it to me if that is easier. My email is dpmcenthusiast at aol dot com.
  Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee

Lew Mayer

I got mine scanned but I also have to figure out how to post them.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Daniel P. McEntee

Just got off the phone with Mike H. and he's having some computer issues, but has a hard copy of the tuning info that he is going to snail mail me. Once I get them, I'll scan them into my computer and email them to interested parties, unless I can figure out how to post them also! I suck at that kind of stuff! So, stay tuned for further developments as they become available.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

rd400pi

Ok, computer decided to grenade itself last night. No worries though, SuperTrapp stuff is on it's way via old school USPS to a fellow POG member so that it can get posted.  Cheers.

Mike H.
  Tulsa POG

DKWRACER

Thomas Brosius

Lew Mayer

Thanks, Tom. You da Man.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

rd400pi

Awesome.  That is 2 of the 4 pages.  I'm sure the other two will get posted soon.

Mike H.

Andreas Piepke

\\\'73 Penton Hare Scrambler
\\\'73 Norton Commando
\\\'77 Maico 440 GS

Lew Mayer

I have the sheet that came with them. I'll look up what it says for a starting point for # of discs on a 400. I have one on my Rokon.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer