wont start

Started by ccmnova, July 22, 2015, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickey Sergeant

Check your plug cap, make sure you didn't pull the wire off inside cap.
Mickey

Mick Milakovic

Gary Ellis had this problem with his Berkie at Sky High im Missouri:

The bike started fine then quit running during practice.  No spark at plug.  Check connections, no spark.  Check timing, no spark.  New plug, no spark.  Pulled plug cap and had spark to head.  Re-worked the plug cap, no spark.  Pulled cap again, spark.  The problem somehow was in the rubber cap.  The solution was to take off the rubber cap and use electrical wire to insulate.  Bike ran fine the rest of the day.  I'm not sure if Gary fixed the problem yet?  

See if your bike has spark with no rubber cap on the plug cap.  Don't run your bike with no insulation at the cap, just see if it has spark.

Mick
Mick

ccmnova

ccmnova

The boot just came out and its a marine type connector with a spring that has a hooked end that pushes into the wire.  The hooked part just came off - was all corroded as is the rest of the spring. This couldn't have been good. Any suggestions now as to what type of connector to use ?

ccmnova

got the plug wire fixed and all back together - getting spark and gas but wont run.  Was told to lay the bike down on a hill in the grass and drain any gas out of the crank area. some gas did pout out of the plug hole and i let it drain - tried again and wont start. I thought i saw a post that said there is a drain for this but i looked and no drain.

Mickey Sergeant

put in a fresh plug. check old plug was it wet?

Mickey

fischercycle

HELLO ,TAKE IT  FROM THE ONE WHO KNOWS BEST, TAKE IT TO A NEAR BY MINE SHAFT, GET ON IT, PUT IT IN SECOND GEAR AND GIVE IT PUSH, IF IT DID NOT START LEAVE IT THERE AND COVER IT UP,FOR THE NEXT GENERATION TO COPE WITH IT, THEY WILL FIX IT WITH THEIR CELL PHONE,  THAT WOULD BE MY BEST ADVISE,THANKS JAKE

ccmnova

Does anyone know if the 125 has a drain for built up crank fuel ? There's a cover plate on the frame I hate to have to remove if there's no drain anyway

ccmnova

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mickey Sergeant

Mickey

The plug is wet but it won't run.  Maybe built up crank fuel ??

ccmnova

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mickey Sergeant

Mickey

The plug is wet but it won't run.  Maybe built up crank fuel ??

ccmnova

Got it running !!  Was flying down the road without a seat didn't want to stop.