Hercules/CanAm For Sale

Started by Daniel P. McEntee, August 01, 2015, 12:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel P. McEntee

Recent circumstances raise a need for me to sell a few bikes to make some room and raise some funds to pay some bills. I have decided to part with a few bikes to facilitate this.
   1)1977 Hercules 175 GS-7. I have basically just collected this bike also. It's in very nice original condition with lights, and I have a box with some spare parts including a piston that go with it. I will be pulling the bike from the shed tomorrow to take some fresh photos, and inventory the parts box. This bike runs and rides well, but hasn't been started in a while, and I will endeavor to tend to that also. I'm asking $2000 for the Herc and photos will be available on request also when I get them taken and uploaded into my computer.
   2) I also have a 1979 Can-Am 250 Qualifier project bike if anyone is interested. This bike ran and rode OK when I got it, but needed some work, I intended to do a race fix up on the bike with fresh top end and ride it in a Reunion Ride but never got to that. I fabricated a copy of the factory center stand that is mounted on the bike, and have an extra one also that will go with it. The bike has some mis-matched aftermarket plastic on it now. I have a box of extra original plastic that I got from Speedy Clausen that goes with it also. I haven't had the bike out of the shed in a while and will inventory the box and take fresh photos of it also tomorrow and update this post when finished. This bike would be an easy fix up for AHRMA racing, recreational riding, or restoring. I'm asking $1500 for this package and photos will be available on request after tomorrow also.
   I live in the St. Louis , MO area and will assist with delivery as much as I possibly can. My email is dpmcenthusiast at aol dot com for further information.
  Thanks a lot, and type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Tim McKinney

I would like to see pix of the Jackpiner, the 73. Send them to [email protected]

Thanks.

OLD BIKES RULE!!!
OLD BIKES RULE!!!

Daniel P. McEntee

Too those that have responded to my add, I have been dealing with a new cable TV/phone/internet connection, and still ironing out bugs. I will respond to everyone as soon as possible and as soon as I can get pictures loaded into a computer. I'll inform everyone of their place in line as soon as I figure that out also.
   Thanks for your patience,
   Dan McEntee

Al Cutcher

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Al;
    Just sent you an email with pictures of the Hercules. Let me know if it doesn't get to you.

I have gotten my computer/internet issues fixed (I hope!) and I think I have sent pictures out to all who requested them. If I have missed anyone, drop me a line.
   I have a deal pending payment on the KTM and Jackpiner with a local guy who was first to contact me, and I believe I have contacted all others interested in the order I received their messages if the deal falls through.
   Thanks to everyone for your interest and if anyone has any other questions or would like photos emailed to them, drop me a line or leave a message here.
   Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee

Daniel P. McEntee

Just a note to report that I cleaned the carb on the Hercules, and it was a second kick start, lights work also. Been a while since I fired this bike up and I couldn't remember.
   The Can-Am is next for a carb cleaning this weekend.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

PS: Edited to add that I cleaned the jets on the Can-Am tonight and it started right up. Runs pretty strong, better than I had remembered! So the Can-am and Hercules both currently start, run and ride.

Daniel P. McEntee

Just completed the deal for the 'KTM and the Jackpiner. The '77 Hercules 175GS and '79 Can-Am 250 Qualifier are still available.
  Thanks to all who have responded,
  Dan McEntee

G Ellis

Dan may I get some photos of the Hercules. I texted you.

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Gary;
   Photos will be on the way. Didn't get text, but you may have my old cell phone number. I changed jobs after I picked up the engines from you. Will include new number in email.
  Thanks a lot,
   Dan McEntee

G Ellis

Dan Can you send photos and new phone number. [email protected]

Daniel P. McEntee

Hi Gary; I will send again, but did so a few days ago. Look for it tonight. I had my internet connection stuff changed over a few weeks ago but if should have been OK by then. It's on it's way.
  Thanks a lot,
  Dan McEntee

Wardie

Dan I sent you an email from the POG website let me know if you don't receive. I too am looking for photos of Hercules. You can text them (if easier) to 330-502-4197

Wardie

ugh I should of asked for the Can AM photos

Daniel P. McEntee

I have updated the add posting to delete the bikes that have been sold. Thanks a lot to everyone for their interest and if I can provide more information or answer any questions, please let me know.
   Thanks again,
   Dan McEntee