Filippo Camperio and his new 1976 MC5GS

Started by Dale Fisher, August 08, 2015, 09:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Filippo and his wife Carolina were gracious in visiting us at VMD.  While Victor Montz would have normally been the longest traveler the Camperio's flew in from Italy.  FC is preparing a series of articles to include Penton and KTM's for an Italian vintage motorcycle magazine.  He plans on returning to Lexington next year.  Chef Dale's food may in part play be providing some incentive :D

With his new purchase he is looking for a couple of period photographs.  Specifically, his interest is in the bike Dane Leimbach rode in the 1976 ISDT.  He has seen the photograph with Dane aboard and the left side.  He would very much like a right side photograph which shows the exhaust tail piece used.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g8/BobWardlow/POG%20pictorial/danepic.jpg

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

rob w

All, When you click on that link, do you see the image ? My privacy setting is on 'Private'. Just the way I want it.

BrianTaylor

Brian Taylor

Dale Fisher

I obviously did to be able to find the link. [}:)]

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Cheney Twinshock Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'71 Six-Day 125 (Dave Fisher's) - V5553
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

G Ellis

I welded up that exhaust for Dane some years ago. It was a motocross exhaust. Dane told me he was going to use it again. I don't know what happened to the pipe.  Hope this will help.

Tom Penton

Filippo sent me an email about this.

I was able to write him back:

"I poured through old photos and found a couple not yet scanned to my flickr site. I include them attached here and also uploaded to flickr.

I'm able to verify that the color is orange, at least for my 250,  and assume all the team bikes were the same. It looks like my bike has an exhaust with 3 springs holding the end tip on: I don't know about Dane's, but I would think the same.

P.S.  The photo of Bruno Ferrari is not necessarily what you're looking for, but I include it because I've always admired the style he displays!"

I don't remember too much about the '76 Austria ISDT, but going through pictures brought back memories!

Tom

Tom Penton
Tom Penton