'69 125 Six Days bike with blue tank out of AZ...

Started by Steveaz, October 17, 2015, 03:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveaz

Hi all,

My family recently sold a '69 Penton 125 Six Days bike that was in my family since the very early '70's. It was a rather unusual steel tank 125 with a blue tank. Just curious if anyone here bought the bike or if there might be a thread about it (my search failed).

If there is a restoration thread I would love to follow it. Everyone in my family rode that bike at one time or another and there is a lot of sentimental interest there. My oldest brother and father handled the sale via ebay about a year ago.

Thanks!

brian kirby

There was a steel tank Jackpiner (152cc) that had a blue tank, but they are pretty rare, could it have been one of those and not a 125?

Brian
Brian

Steveaz

No, this was a 125cc. I've seen pics of one other blue one. Ours had the 1968 seal/decal for the ISDT championship on the tank and " six day 125" script. My brother bought it brand new from Dave's Kart and Cycle in AZ (also bought his Maico 400 there a couple years later.

The bike was raced extensively in the 70s, went through 1st and second over bore and then was resleeved in the late 80s when my dad got the urge to mess with the bike again. It was a 125 its entire life. We're motorcycle people and know how to measure cylinder diameter. (Sorry not trying to be a smart #ss it's just that everyone always tried to say we just had a Jackpiner and didn't know it:)

I know the 125s are supposed to be green and the Jackpiners got the blue tanks but this bike was quite an anomaly. I actually had an email exchange with someone from the POG maybe 6-7 years ago trying to get info on any other blue 125s and he flat out told me I was wrong until I sent a few pics. Then he just responded that he had no idea what was up with the bike.

I do hope it turns up here. My brother immediately put a plastic tank and fenders on it, a pod air filter and a downpipe for MX and my dad had the foresight to save all the beautiful original parts, so when the bike sold it was pretty complete.

Dale Fisher

http://www.pentonusa.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15787&SearchTerms=blue,steel,tanker

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...