Sad news to report...

Started by slvrbrdfxr, November 03, 2015, 06:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slvrbrdfxr

Hi all,

It's with a very heavy heart that I make this post to advise that Sylvia McCullough passed away peacefully last night after a long courageous battle against cancer. She is the wife of POG member Nelson McCullough and the mom of POG members Bob and Dave McCullough. We will miss her tremendously but take comfort that she is no longer in any pain and can now watch over us from heaven. Funeral arrangements to follow.

Dave McCullough

Sylvia Yvonne (Kerin) McCullough, 80, of Houston, PA, completed her life's journey here on earth on November 2, 2015, at the Donnell House in Washington, PA and went to live with our Lord in His eternal kingdom. Sylvia was born on August 31, 1935 in Houston, PA to the late Michael and Mary (Bernard) Kerin. Sylvia provided a final life lesson to her family and friends through a courageous fight with cancer and remained a shining beacon of love. Sylvia graduated from Chartiers High School, Class of 1953. Sylvia married W. Nelson McCullough at the Houston First United Presbyterian Church on November 6, 1954. Sylvia was a long time employee of Bell Telephone Company and remained a companion to many of her Bell alumni through the years.  Sylvia also enjoyed her weekly bowling league at SNPJ Lodge #138 Strabane, PA and remained active playing golf at the Chippewa and Village Green Ladies leagues.  Sylvia is survived by her loving and devoted husband Nelson, sons Bob (Jane) McCullough and Dave (Terri) McCullough.  Granddaughters: Michelle, Melissa, Michala and Kirsten. Sylvia is also survived by her sister Mary Lou Butler and numerous nieces and nephews. Visitors will be welcomed at the Hummel & Jones Funeral Home, 420 Locust Avenue, Washington, PA 15301 on Thursday  November  5, 2015 from 4-7 PM, followed immediately by a brief memorial service at the same location. A private interment at the Oak Spring Cemetery in Canonsburg, PA will be conducted separately.  In lieu of flowers the family requests that donations be made in Sylvia's memory to the WHS Hospice Care, 10 Leet Street, Washington, PA   15301.

Larry Perkins

Dave, I am very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family!

Larry P

firstturn

Very sorry for your loss.  Prayers for you and your Family.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Bob Gilman

Nelson,My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Stay Strong.

Paul Danik

Nelson, Bob, Dave and Families,

Judy and I are very saddened to hear this news. Our thoughts are with you.

Paul

Randy Kirkbride

Nelson, Bob, Dave & family.
I'm so sorry for your loss. You guys are all family & I feel your pain. You will all be in my thoughts & prayers.

hankthecrank

To the McCullough family. We are so sorry for your loss. Know that we are praying for you all. Hank and Elaine Rinehart

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

Kip Kern

So sorry to hear the news, will keep your family in our prayers

johnborn

So sorry to hear this,our thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

ALB

Nelson, Bob, Dave, and family,

My experience with the McCullough family is that they are the best of the best.
I am saddended over reading this, as you have shared news of her struggles over the past years.
I see your family surrounded in love and light during your time of mourning. I see everyone comforted in knowing that her suffering is over and she is now enjoying peace.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

Bud Green

Nelson and Family:

Meeting you and Sylvia in Daytona Beach several years ago has always been special to us.  We feel your loss and you are all in our prayers.

Bud and Pat Green

scott brogan

My thoughts and prayers go out to you folks.

Rocket

So sorry for your loss, prayers to you and your family.

[email protected]

Dave I have been out of the country and am just seeing this very sad news. I am very sorry to you and your family for your loss! Please give your family my condolences.
Sincerely
Paul

paul a. busick

My heart felt condolences go out to the McCullough family.  I will keep good thoughts and prayers for you all. Amherst paul