Mountaineer Vintage Enduro July 2016

Started by Dale Fisher, November 18, 2015, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

Looks like it could be fun.  Will it conflict with other events usually scheduled in July [?]

Mountaineer Vintage Enduro
It's offical, we are putting on an old school enduro for vintage and post vintage bikes in 2016!
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* NO memberships needed. (no AMA, AHRMA, district...)
* Old school. meaning this will be a time keeping event. No worries if you do not have a speedometer. Arrows will have mileage marked on them, so all you would really need to have on your bike is a watch and a rout sheet holder.
* Bikes eligible- Any bike from 1994 and older. True vintage bikes encouraged. We had a 74 Ossa and a 69 triumph make the loop so it is very vintage friendly.
* Bikes do not need to be street legal ( no plates, lights, horn needed)
* loop is approximately 65 miles in length
* Gas and lunch stop at halfway mark.
* Date, Mid summer - July 23rd
* Location - Preston County West Virginia
* more details to come

This is a must make event for anyone who is into vintage dirt bikes!

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Richard Colahan

As alot of you have no doubt figured out by looking at the date and the location...
Yes...this Vintage Enduro will be held during the AHRMA National XC and MX weekend at McKee's Sky Ranch in Terra Alta WVA.

As mentioned...more details to come!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

wfopete

I don't get it.  Why would anyone hold a vintage event in the same state let alone the same weekend as an National ARHMA event?

Unless they are trying to prove something to AHRMA (what, I don't know).

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

dennis brown

normally the  race at terra alta is in aug. i only hope they are not the same weekend.i would love to ride the enduro

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Paul Danik

If I am not mistaken, Tom McKee is putting on the vintage enduro as part of his event at the McKee Sky Ranch in Terra Alta, WV., which is what I believe Richard was alluding to in his post above.
http://www.mckeeskyranch.com/

Tom has some of his motorcycle collection on display at the Oakland, Maryland Transportation Museum, a "must see" if you are in the area. Oakland is not that far from Tom's Ranch.

http://www.garrettcountymuseums.com/transportationmuseum.html

Tom is an awesome gentleman, and is working hard to create a spectacular event that will draw riders from across the nation to his event, which in reality it already has. The riding opportunities are endless in his area, as apparently is his energy and imagination in creating and promoting his events.

If any of you wish to combine riding Tom's event with a family trip, check out Deep Creek Lake, Maryland which is just a short ways from Tom's ranch. My Grandfather helped to log out the lake area with a team of horses when the lake was built and it is a beautiful vacation destination. Just imagine how pleased the wife will be to hear you are taking her to a nice mountain resort next July..:)

http://www.visitdeepcreek.com/

Paul

Richard Colahan

Paul is correct...sorry if my previous post was not clear.
The Vintage Enduro will be part of...not in conflict with...the big AHRMA Vintage weekend at McKee's in late July.

More details are being posted by Dave Kutskel on the Vintageharescrambles Facebook page.

For folks like me that don't do no stinkin Facebook...just type vintage hare scrambles into Google where you can view the Facebook page for updates.

Eventually the AHRMA NA XC and PVR web sites will be updated too...

The goal is to have enough details closed up to have entry forms ready for distribution at the York PA swap meet in January.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Dale Fisher

From Vintage Hare Scramble:

I want to give a short update on the vintage enduro. The response has been outstanding so far. We plan on having the flyer/entry form ready by mid January. Looking to have this as a pre entry event and there will be a rider limit. We will have most questions answered on the flyer. (Classes, price....)
This will be a part of the Mckee Sky ranch vintage week. (Thursday - Sunday) There will be plenty to do and see for sure.
So, here is the first update of many. This one is focused on the time keeping questions.
As mentioned this will be an "old school" time keeping enduro with secret check points.
There will be a few speed average changes...and a few mileage resets to keep the riders on schedule and to avoid speeding on public roads.
An enduro type odometer...resettable by tenths...would certainly be handy...but don't think it will be absolutely required.
Major turns will have their mileage posted on the route sheet and tacked up on trees...we think you'll be able to know where you are!
In addition...the route sheet that we'll provide to every rider will have the key-time minute for every even-tenth mileage where a check could be located.
So you won't have to stay up until mid-night before the enduro hand-writing your speed chart on a strip of adding-machine paper!
You long time enduro riders know exactly what that was like...
If you are not experienced at enduros, no worries, there will be plenty of riders out there just for the fun of it. Or do what I did back in the day, hook up with someone on your minute that knows what they are doing (timekeeping) and stick with them! Its going to be a great ride with breathtaking veiws all over the place!
So, load your route/speed chart into your route sheet holder...set your clock to read 00:00 at your start time...and you're good to go!
We want this to be fun for all...check back for more info...

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

dennis brown

what day will the enduro be?ahrma cross countrys are sat-sun.

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

wfopete

I understand it will be a Friday date (but don't hold me to that, please). Could be a great weekend of riding fun. 65 miles is a lot of ride time. Just hope a rider/bike doesn't go down Friday and can't compete the rest of the weekend.  Fortunately it open to 1994 and older bikes so a extra steeds will be plentiful for many.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Richard Colahan

The schedule for the McKee's AHRMA weekend has just been published in the latest issue of the AHRMA Magazine Vintage Views.
The Vintage/Post Vintage Enduro will be on Saturday 7/23.

AHRMA racers of course should enter via the on-line SeriesTracker program. Paper Entry Blanks with additional info are available on the VintageHarescrambles Facebook page...and will also be available at the York Swap Meet.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA