Need a piston & bore

Started by Mark Straughn, January 27, 2016, 04:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Straughn

I need a new piston and bore for a 6B 125 engine. I got a quote from Millenium Technologies for a bore and a Wossner piston. I'm not familiar with Wossner. Is this a good route or should I but a Wiesco piston and find someone to do the bore work. I am just west of Chicago if anyone knows of a good shop.    Thanks

thrownchain

What size over bore are you doing? Wossner is a good piston, Wiseco is good, there are some NOS Sachs pistons around. Any decent shop that does air cooled motors can bore.

Dale Fisher

Talk to Forest Stahl.  He is in the Muncie, Indiana area and is a POG member and knows his way around Sachs cylinders.

I misplaced his business phone number can someone help?

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

3putt

In the latest issue of "Still Keeping Track" under "Services", Forest Stahl can be reached at   765-284-7653.

Cal Alexander

Forest Stahl's phone number is 765-284-7653. He does great work!
75 MC 250
75 Mint 400
74 Jackpiner
74 Hiro
74 Penda
73 Penton Trials
72 Six Day
72 Berkshire
70 Six Day
and a few others

Mike Schulz

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the group! I am located in Roselle Illinois and have a few Sachs motors which Forest has done crank and top end work on. His work is top notch. Alan Buehner may be able to help you with a piston. He is located in Cleveland OH and can be reached at (216)651-6559. Can you tell us more about your project?
Mike Schulz
POG # 1006
V2080
V2870

Mark Straughn

Thanks for the information. Been riding dirt bikes since the early 70's but have never owned a Penton.I picked up a complete 1973 125 six days that has sat for about 10 years with no spark and a thrown chain that broke the ignition cover. Also picked up a 1972 125 six day project bike from the same guy that is missing the seat, exhaust, carb and clutch. I would like to build the 73 as a rider. I raced in the Midwest VMX series a couple of years ago and would like to get back into racing. The spark problem turned out to be a sheared key on the ignition. Would like to restore the 72 if I can locate the parts.

Mike Schulz

Hi Mark,
I am also working on a 1972 six day and am almost finished - just need to change the rear rim to an Akront. I may have some extra Bing carbs / parts and Sachs clutch parts for the six day put away. If you are interested in talking more about your project give me a call at 630/333-715one.
Mike Schulz

Mark Straughn

Mike, I will give you a call this weekend.    Thanks