Ed Barth on the cover of AM with his Penton

Started by Paul Danik, March 08, 2016, 09:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Greetings,

What a gigantic surprise to set eyes on the April 2016 issue of American Motorcyclist and see a CMF Penton "project" on the cover, with a very nice young man with a Penton shirt on leaning against the bike...:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Ed Barth...and THANK YOU for taking the initiative to get involved in the " Vintage Racing on a $ 2,000.00 budget" story/project with American Motorcyclist.

I find it interesting, and reassuring, that at the age of 26 Ed is 17 years younger than his 1973 125cc Six Day Penton. Interesting in that I cannot wait to hear Ed's story as to when and why he got the Penton bug...  And reassuring in the fact that with young folks such as Ed getting involved with the Penton Sportcycle the future looks very bright for the Penton story to have passionate folks leading the way forward into the future.

Great job Ed.

Also, a great big thanks to Heather Wilson for such a great write up. We got to meet Heather at VMD as she spent some time in Pentonville along with her dad Wally Wilson who was a Trophy Team rider in the 1982 ISDE.

Paul

Ed Barth

Hey Paul,

Heather was just asking if I knew you. I said, I just bought a side cover off him two weeks ago! What an honor it is to be on the cover. I could not believe my eyes. I was excited enough about making the article on the magazine. I'm proud enlighten people on pentons since a lot of people (especially my age) have no idea where these bike came from. Thanks for recognizing me and also everyone on here for answering my questions and helping out on this project.

The real project was getting it in race shape before last years vintage days. Now I'm just making it look prettier and adding a few things. Thanks guys!

Ed Barth

'73 Penton 125 Six Days
'73 Yamaha DT3 250
'04 KTM 125 SX
'06 KTM 250 SX
Ed Barth

\\\'73 Penton 125 Six Days
\\\'73 Yamaha DT3 250
\\\'06 KTM 250 SX
\\\'15 KTM 250 SX

Dale Fisher

My copy arrived this afternoon.  I will scan it in and post it over the weekend.  Congratulations Ed :D

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Looks like you still have a few items to tidy up before July...  Clocks ticking ;)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator

'70 Six-Day 125 - V2017
'72 Mudlark - W257
'73 Jackpiner - 175 21159727
'74 Berkshire 100 - 40171056
'98 HP-14 Hi-Point
And some silly other bikes...
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Paul Danik

Ed,

I just have to ask, what led you to a Penton....?  

Heather is great, I just spoke with her the other day about getting a couple of extra copies of the "Ed Barth" issue and they already arrived.

If you find yourself with some extra time the first Thursday of a month, possibly you would consider joining us for a POG meeting in Amherst. The meetings begin at 7pm and take place at the KTM building just west of town, or maybe I should say the KTM/Husky building...:D

Paul

Richard Colahan

Quite a bit of smoke!
Either a leaking trans side main seal...or you're running Pep Boys motor oil at 20 to 1...
But a great article...congrats!

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA