VMD BREAKING NEWS

Started by fischercycle, July 13, 2016, 11:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischercycle

I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE:DTONY ROACH FOR getting 6th place out of 25 bikes THATS IS BIG TIME  KICKING BUT IN THE MX.LETS GO GUYS, :(

Gary Roach

That's right Jake!

The AMA did away with the Womens class in Vintage Motocross (they still have it in Post-Vintage), so she just went out and beat up on the men!

And for the second year in a row, she competed in the Hare Scrambles, Motocross, and Trials events.

Stephanie Vetterly Photography

jeff greenberg

Congrats Tony !  That's pretty darn "bad ass" !!!

Carl Hill

Congrats! I was tired after just 2 Motos

Mick Milakovic

Congrats Toni Roach, First Lady of Moto!

Gary, what did you do turn the front brake arm around on her yellow bike.  Just switch the direction of the arm?

Mick
Mick

Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

Congrats Toni Roach, First Lady of Moto!

Gary, what did you do turn the front brake arm around on her yellow bike.  Just switch the direction of the arm?

Mick

Hi Mick.

It's a '79 and newer KTM front brake assembly.

gooddirt

32 mm triples with the 35mm tapered fork tubes ?

Carl Hill

Hey I have an 81 model front wheel/brake. Is it a lot better? Brake on my 74 is pretty weak.

Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by gooddirt

32 mm triples with the 35mm tapered fork tubes ?

Yes. The 32mm clamps have a different offset than the 35mm clamps. With the 32mm clamps, it shortens the wheelbase and makes the bike turn tighter. I had the 32mm clamps machined out for the 35mm clamps.

Gary Roach

Quotequote:Originally posted by Carl Hill

Hey I have an 81 model front wheel/brake. Is it a lot better? Brake on my 74 is pretty weak.

It just gives the brake lever more leverage, but it's not much better.  Have you tried arcing the brake shoes to fit the drum?