POG visit with Lyle Lovett

Started by Paul Danik, July 28, 2016, 07:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Danik

Last night Lyle Lovett and his Large Band put on a concert in Northfield, Ohio and a small group of POG members was able to meet with Lyle before the concert, and what an unforgettable evening it was.  After our initial meeting of Lyle in a hallway just off the main concert area, Lyle led the group outside to a private area where the tour group's massive transport buses were parked.

Lyle's relaxed and caring manner, along with his ever present ear to ear smile instantly put everyone at ease as numerous stories from "back in the day" were shared and tokens of the POG's appreciation of Lyle's narration of the John Penton movie were exchanged.

Soon it was concert time, and what a concert Lyle and his Large Band put on. Lyle's easy and caring manner that we had witnessed was evident during his entire show, he treated the concert goers as if they were all visitors in his own living room and he wanted to make their visit as perfect as possible. Lyle took time during the show to announce that the Penton motorcycling family was in attendance to which the crowd gave a very nice round of applause.

Before meeting Lyle we all knew that he was a super star, but what we all learned quickly was that Lyle Lovett is a super person, humble, caring and very sincere in every way.

Lyle's concert tour schedule is incredible, and a link to his website which has his tour schedule is below, if he is anywhere near your area possibly you can attend one of his concerts.

http://www.lylelovett.com/

THANK YOU Lyle Lovett for an evening and experience that I am sure none of us will ever forget. Thank you also for being such a great ambassador for not only all things Penton, but for the entire two wheeled community as well. I sure wish Richard Sanders was still around so that we could thank him for letting Lyle work at his shop and introducing him to John Penton, and as anyone reading this knows, it just takes meeting John Penton one time to make a person a fan for life.

Thanks also to Todd Huffman for not only making all of the arrangements with Lyle, but for also keeping in constant contact during the evening to see just how everything was going.......

Paul

Daniel P. McEntee

I REALLY love his "Cheeseburger" song. I'm not sure of the actual title but I have it on cassette tape around here some where. The dude CAN entertain!
   He did a great job narrating the movie also. Time to get the DVD out and watch it again!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee

firstturn

Lyle is a true Gentleman.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

Dale Fisher

Some before, during, and after photos.  There were also a series of group shots taken outside before the performance which hopefully will surface soon.  Truly, an incredible evening...

Had a great time at the Lyle Lovett concert last night with the family! it was awesome getting to meet him! — with Chris Sayler, Ryan Greene, Jerry Grakauskas and Kate Morris.

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

From the Penton Owners Group FB page.

Gary Heath I hate to be a name dropper but.....I got to be on the same track with Mr L......He is just as smooth on the track.... as on the Stage.....but I think secretly he was wishing he was on my Penton

From Lyle's Twitter page.

Lyle Lovett #8207;@LyleLovett  19 Jul 2015
@BikeWeekRadio @MXGoldenBoy @scottcox760 @Mighty1090 @HusqvarnaUSA Thanks for having me on! Mark Kariya photo, Boise.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

I had Lyle sign a copy of a poster which I had made up for the Cleveland Movie premier.  The poster contained photos that my brother had taken at the 1973 ISDT, some of which were uses in the movie as were some of our 8mm footage.  Also included were some pictures of the making of the movie, and a small copy of the actual movie poster.  It now has signatures from John, Jack, Jeff, Tom, Todd and now also has Lyle's :D

When presented with a copy Lyle asked that all of us sign his copy.  Here's Paul adding his.

Bob Gilman adds his signature.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

mxfiles

It was super fun to get to share "more of Lyle" with all the Poggers! He sure is a neat person...And he can sure sing! That band is tight!

I'm glad all had a great time!

Todd