For Sale: Chris' Bike of the Month 78 MC5 400

Started by Chris Brown, August 24, 2002, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brown

Well, I've been collecting more bikes of every sort and type, and the wife says something's got to go.

I hate like hell to sell this jewel, but I just haven't been riding it and I never got into the vintage racing scene. I bought a new GasGas enduro, and it's getting all the ride time.

My 78 MC5 400 just got a new chain and new Works Performance shocks. I put two seasons of riding on it after the complete restoration. I pulled the jug off a few months ago and the rings are still within spec. It runs like a striped-ass ape, and is completly dialed in. Ride it, show it, or race it. Keeps up with the modern bikes, and just blows their minds. This is one fantastic bike.

Photo is in the featured bike section. It's the white one. Email me with questions. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Bike is in So-Cal. Will crate and ship for a fee.

I'm offering it to this group first, with the thought that a fellow enthusiast could appreciate this epitomy of the marque. Not going to e-bay it, I hate that damn site.

Chris Brown
[email protected]
Ph 714-524-3659 if you need to.

Chris Brown

Last call before I list this on the other sites.....
Chris

Bryan

Nice bike, I would buy it if I had the money. My dads got 3 vintage bikes that were trying to restore a '73 Cz 250 Mx a '76 Penton 250 mx and a '78 400 KTM Mx. The Cz and Penton are in ok shape Penton just needs some engine work as well as the Cz. The 400 is basiclly a frame up restoration cause we got it off ebay and it's in pretty bad shape. The Penton and Cz my dad has had since new. Hope someone buys yours!

Bryan
Bryan

Chris Brown

Price on the bike is $2,800.
Email me for more details if you wish.
BTW, there was almost $500 of parts put on it in the last few months. It is ride/race ready. I don't mess around, everything is top-notch.
Chris