Steel tank rear fender

Started by Everett Sammis, August 27, 2016, 08:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everett Sammis

I am getting ready to retire to northern Wisconsin where I have 100's of miles of flat, hard packed sand to ride my 1970 steel tank. I have been looking for a used rear fender to replace the broke off one I have now. I want to leave it in it's original state so that is why I want a used (whole)one. Dents and scratches are not a problem. I will pay all costs. Thanks Slacker

johnborn

I have a set of red Preston petty fenders that were on my 1970 Berkshire that I can part with.

Mike Schulz

Hi Slacker,
If you don't have success finding an original fender, try Classic Motor Works at 1(800) 201-7472. They have alloy fenders and the rear would be 19 x 5" part z90602 for $107.95. You have to cut and drill it but they are very very close to original for the steel tankers. Or you could try Roberto at Parmabike as he reproduces them on occasion. Good luck with your project! Beautiul country in Northern Wisconsin. Look up Bruce Maki in Hurley WI, a vintage motorcycle enthusiast.
Mike Schulz

Everett Sammis

Thank you Mike and John for your response. I had a computer problem and I have returned to POG however I want to keep my original look by replacing my fender with an old steel tank fender. Thanks