wanted: 74 mx rear fender

Started by Dave Szalkowski, August 27, 2016, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Szalkowski

Looking for  a new rear fender for a 74 250 mx. looking for a gloss finish injection molded to match my front.  i believe they were made by Maier/KTM World.

KJDonovan

David,

I just spoke with the folks at Maier and was told that they are no longer producing these.  The folks at Maier still have the molds/tooling to produce these fenders but Barry Higgins (former owner KTM World/H&H KTM) owns the molds so Maier cannot produce these without his permission.  So it does not look like we will be seeing these fenders again unless someone is sitting on a hoard or them or if someone buys the rights to the molds/tooling from Barry and contracts Maier to begin producing these again.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

gooddirt

H&H they told me two days ago they need a min order of 12 units??

KJDonovan

Larry,

This morning they (H&H) told me they did not own the rights to molds/tooling so they could not replenish stock and that Barry still owns the molds.  I got essentially the same message from Maier.

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin J. Donovan
Foster, Rhode Island
72 Jack Piner
72 Six Day
73 Hare Scrambler
74 Hare Scrambler
74 Mint

gooddirt

I just got off the phone with Mike at H&H who is on top of his game and will get back to me with min order
 info.

Dave Szalkowski

Thank you for the input.Is there optional sources of plastics other than DC? foreign Country? My experience with DC plastics for a Maico was not pleasant.

Scott Sappington

I'm in on the order if/when it happens. Keep us posted on buy in. Scotty Rat

gooddirt

adrian_goold

Are these available on a website? They used to be a few years ago.
I am after a few sets of these too...

Regards,
Adrian Goold #101
http://www.ozktm.com
[/URL]
'73 175 Rebuilt|2x'74.5 250 |'74.5 400 Restoring|2 x'76 MC5 250 |'76 MC5 400 |'78 250 in pieces|'81 250 | '81 495|74 CZ 250|
Regards,
Adrian Goold #101

Dave Szalkowski

KTM World in Georgia has them in stock. I received one several weeks ago.