POG Meeting Special Guests.

Started by Dale Fisher, September 02, 2016, 07:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

The POG group had two sets of special visitors at the meeting last night.  We had the pleasure to meet with several representatives and significant officers of the group BikeLife Culture who gave us some information on a project they are proposing for Cleveland intercity youth. The Penton Owners Group passed a motion to fully help them in their effort in anyway possible.

Read more here about their proposal and challenges.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/08/cleveland_official_calls_out_c.html

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

Our second set of guests came in from the East Coast with a pair of anniversary bikes.  One of them was Stephen Puget and I'll have to work on the name of his companion.  Both bikes have now been signed by JP :D

Thank you George MacEachern for posting the photo!

Pair of rare KTMs at the Penton Owners Group meeting tonight! A JackPiner 200 and a 125 Six Days!

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

And of special note - Dale Buehner brought us blueberry and apple strudel to enjoy [:p]

Thanks Dale!

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

metalkfab

Good Morning,Will POG members be able to read/hear what BikeLife Culture proposed and POG's response in helping them. I'm a Business Owner in Cleveland and I'm VERY CONCERNED with the direction Cleveland Leaders are taking us TAXPAYERS.

Dale Fisher

There was some discussion about a future Cleveland City Council meeting with Jack collecting contact information from the Cleveland BikeLife attendees.  I probed the CCC website but could only find the following.

Motor Cross Sports and Mountain Bike Proposal
City Council on Wednesday postponed voting on legislation proposing construction of a motor cross and mountain bike trail at a renovated Marion Motley Park.

The legislation, instead, will go through the committee process at a future date and be heard and discussed first by the Municipal Services and Properties Committee, then to the Development, Planning and Sustainability Committee before going to the full council for a vote.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

ALB

I would like to clarify the motion that I made at the September POG meeting. The motion was that we (the POG) support (in spirit) the BikeLife culture  mission.

The BikeLife representatives  did not come to us with any proposal. They told us about what they are doing and hope to accomplish, which is to build a park for inner city motorcyclists to ride. It is their intention to teach the young inner city riders safety, how to repair and maintain their bikes, and help them develop their skills to where they can find  careers in the motorcycling industry. It is a positive idea that generated excitement from those in attendance.

It is my intention to offer my own experience and advice to help them accomplish their goal.

Alan Buehner
Alan Buehner

metalkfab

Thank You Dale and Al.Appreciate the response.

Dale Fisher

Congratulations go to BikeLife!

Cleveland City council passes legislation to allow motocross track.

http://fox8.com/2017/01/23/cleveland-city-council-passes-legislation-to-allow-motocross-track/

CLEVELAND - Cleveland City Council passed legislation Monday evening, allowing for construction on a motocross track on the city's east side to get underway.

The project is expected to cost 2.3 million dollars.

City leaders say it boils down to a public improvement project involving the landscaping and capping of polluted land in the area known as Marion Motley Park near East 72nd street.

Lawmakers say it will help breathe new life into a park that has become a bit of an eye sore, and also provide a safe place for dirt bike riders to legally ride their bikes and keep them out of the streets.

The park would be a first of its kind in a major American city.

Those for the measure say it would also include educational opportunities to teach kids bike maintenance.

Those against it say they are skeptical whether the park will actually keep the bikers out of the street and the funding for the project is also a concern.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Bob Bean

Got to love this! A forward progressive thinking community..
May this lead to more of the same.

Bob Bean

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany

1986 ISDE Italy
1987 ISDE Poland
1989 ISDE Germany