AHRMA Sicily Island Event

Started by Mick Milakovic, December 14, 2016, 02:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

The last CC event of the year is at Sicily Island, Louisiana.  It's a two-day event but only listed as one round.  Does anyone know, is it the same format as the old Reunion Ride?  That is to say, two days of racing and one score?

Mick
Mick

brian kirby

It appears so. I would prefer all of the Qualifiers be either individually scored by days or all as one event.

Brian
Brian

Larry Perkins

Of course when was the last time AHRMA did anything with much racer opinion involved.  They pretty much do things their way.

Larry P

t20sl

Where is this schedule shown? Is that for 2017 season I assume? Does anyone have the schedule web address for all of AHRMA if there is one?
Thanks, Ted

t20sl

skiracer

I never did understand why the RR events were (are) scored as one event...  You have to keep your bike in running order for many more miles than a standard XC race.  Plus the fact that there are different types of riding done at these events.

On another note, I have asked AHRMA about the other two ISDT Qualifier's formats.  They are showing both Vintage and Post Vintage running each day, which tells me the format will be a regular XC event and not the former format of individual tests for the two days...:(

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Dwight Rudder

I am on the steering committee along with Jerry Atchison, Craig Hayes, Brian Kirby, and Greg Holder. The Events will be like the ISDT Qualifier style events with checkpoints and different special tests. The events will be scored each day for AHRMA points but combined for medals. You can go one day and win first place points but if you don't ride both days you don't get a medal. There are to be 3 Two-Day Six Day style events. Louisiana will be the final and Six Day reunion. The banquet will be more of a social event and not as formal as the past. The Winters family have given us their blessing to continue using Leroy's name in conjunction with this event but it is not just a ISDT reunion. It will be the Leroy Winters Memorial ISDT / ISDE Ride. It will be for ALL SIX DAY TEAM riders from all years (and Fans of the SIX DAYS). I hope all can still make this event memorable. Too many liked this event to let it pass into oblivion. But with some tweaking and making it obvious we are inviting all ISDT and ISDE riders to attend (whether they ride or spectate)it will continue for many years to come.
Dwight Rudder

skiracer

Awesome!  Thanks for the info Dwight!  Merry Christmas....

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dwight Rudder

I am on the steering committee along with Jerry Atchison, Craig Hayes, Brian Kirby, and Greg Holder. The Events will be like the ISDT Qualifier style events with checkpoints and different special tests. The events will be scored each day for AHRMA points but combined for medals. You can go one day and win first place points but if you don't ride both days you don't get a medal. There are to be 3 Two-Day Six Day style events. Louisiana will be the final and Six Day reunion. The banquet will be more of a social event and not as formal as the past. The Winters family have given us their blessing to continue using Leroy's name in conjunction with this event but it is not just a ISDT reunion. It will be the Leroy Winters Memorial ISDT / ISDE Ride. It will be for ALL SIX DAY TEAM riders from all years (and Fans of the SIX DAYS). I hope all can still make this event memorable. Too many liked this event to let it pass into oblivion. But with some tweaking and making it obvious we are inviting all ISDT and ISDE riders to attend (whether they ride or spectate)it will continue for many years to come.
Dwight Rudder

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

skiracer

Mick, where did you see that it is only one score?  On the AHRMA website the event is listed as round 20 and 21....  

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

The last CC event of the year is at Sicily Island, Louisiana.  It's a two-day event but only listed as one round.  Does anyone know, is it the same format as the old Reunion Ride?  That is to say, two days of racing and one score?

Mick

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Paul Danik

Dwight,

Hats off to you, Jerry, Craig, Brian and Greg for your efforts.

I see that the AHRMA Cross Country series is the John Penton/Preston Petty National Cross Country Series for the upcoming year. How cool is that ! I am sure that any rider who earns one of the plaques from these events, and manages to get it signed by John Penton and Preston Petty, will have themselves a memento that will surely bring a smile to their face whenever they look at it.

http://www.ahrma.org/schedules-results/cross-country/

Very impressive indeed, looks like the series has the wind to its back for the upcoming year.

Paul

Mick Milakovic

Originally AHRMA had it as one round, then changed it to two rounds.

Mick
Mick

Richard Colahan

Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

Of course when was the last time AHRMA did anything with much racer opinion involved.  They pretty much do things their way.

Larry P
I'm not sure just what that means...no racer opinion involved???
Doing things their way???

AHRMA relies on off-road clubs and individuals to step up and put on the XC series events.
A group stepped up last year to put on the first Vintage Enduro in WVA. I'm quite certain that "racer opinion" was important to the organizers when they did the course layout design and rules package.

Looking at this year's XC schedule, I see new groups with years of experience and indeed "racer opinion" stepping up to put on new events...folks such as the Perry Mtn and Bear Creek Sportsmen.

I agree with Paul...I count 21 events...at least 3 different formats (XC, Enduro, ISDT)...at 12 different venues...Very Impressive.

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

Larry Perkins

Richard the vast majority of AHRMA decisions are still made by the old guard and have from day one.  They have rarely done things based on racer opinion unless it is roadracers making off-road decisions.  I have raced AHRMA since about 2001 and they have always drug their feet against progressive things like kids racing.  That issue drove the MOVMX series away from AHRMA and still causes bad blood when AHRMA has a Missouri event.  AHRMA is rarely progressive and hard headed.  Their hard headedness almost caused the organization to go bankrupt in a senseless lawsuit that also led to them losing Mid-Ohio.  Does that explain it better?

Larry P

Richard Colahan

Well Larry...it certainly explains your frustrations with AHRMA, which I respect. Sounds like they've made some strategic errors in the past. Point made.

However, since joining AHRMA in 2014, my experience, my perspective and subsequently my opinion is obviously more positive. I'm with Paul on this one...I think the 2017 XC series will be quite successful this year. And thanks for the heads-up...if I do get a call from an AHRMA road-racer trying to tell me how to write the Enduro rules...I'll be ready!  
Quotequote:Originally posted by Larry Perkins

Richard the vast majority of AHRMA decisions are still made by the old guard and have from day one.  They have rarely done things based on racer opinion unless it is roadracers making off-road decisions.  I have raced AHRMA since about 2001 and they have always drug their feet against progressive things like kids racing.  That issue drove the MOVMX series away from AHRMA and still causes bad blood when AHRMA has a Missouri event.  AHRMA is rarely progressive and hard headed.  Their hard headedness almost caused the organization to go bankrupt in a senseless lawsuit that also led to them losing Mid-Ohio.  Does that explain it better?

Larry P

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA