Seat Foam

Started by Mick Milakovic, January 13, 2017, 04:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick Milakovic

I bought a very hard foam unit from Seat Factory on eBay for my Harescrambler and like it very much.  I want to do the same for the Short-Tall seat, but they don't make one.  My question is are the Long-Tall an Short-Tall seat foams the same dimension except for length? If they are then all I have to do is cut the long seat down to the short seat dimensions. Thanks in advance,

Mick
Mick

skiracer

I too had the same issue. I ended up making my own foam base for my 76 XC.  It isn't hard to do.....

Quotequote:Originally posted by Mick Milakovic

I bought a very hard foam unit from Seat Factory on eBay for my Harescrambler and like it very much.  I want to do the same for the Short-Tall seat, but they don't make one.  My question is are the Long-Tall an Short-Tall seat foams the same dimension except for length? If they are then all I have to do is cut the long seat down to the short seat dimensions. Thanks in advance,

Mick

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1982 Suzuki PE 175
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

gooddirt

The foam off eBay is from a 1977 seat foam mold, NOT the same  long tall as Al's B  sells . The 1977 foam fender inset is not as deep and not round at the rear edges.

gooddirt

Wow did not know that, thanks...