Trucks

Started by OUCWBOY, August 29, 2002, 02:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OUCWBOY

Hi all.
I just learned that one of the most common trucks to be stolen in So California is a White Ford F250 4x4 crew cab. Guess how I learned this? Stopped at the mall for less than 30 mins today on my way to work! The truck was purchased 5/02 and only had about 3000 miles on it. Hope the !*#@$% enjoys it. It's a good thing that I didn't catch them in the act, or I'd be setting in jail right now for murder.
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

OUCWBOY

By the way, it had my POG decal on it too! Now that really makes me mad!!!!!!!
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

mad max

Hey sorry to here that life's just not fair is it.

bigdanracer

Sorry to hear of your miss fortune. Hope you had good insurance.  Its probably in Mexico by now, but hope you get it back in good shape.
Good luck.

Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 49, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.
Posting 07/2002
Yucaipa CA.
Age 51, maintenance mechanic, two 77 Pentons, 250,400 MC-5s.

tmc3c

Donny, Sorry to hear about your loss! Did you lose anything in the truck? It is a good thing you didn't catch the A.H. you would have done the right thing, then got punished for it!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

OUCWBOY

I was on my way to work so, my cell phone, check book, about 25 CD's, winning lottery ticket (LOL), $200.00 pair of shades, $45.00 cash, mail (credit card statements and Bank statement), Carhartt jacket, bell helmet, and a Thomas Brothers guide. Best of all the Keys to my store and safe.
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

tmc3c

Donny, man that really @!#$% !!!! Man at least you seem to have some humor about it,I guess you have to or you would explode!! It is one thing to lose the truck but the things inside get to be personal!! Man I hope they catch the S.O.B. meanwhile I am sure you have had all locks rekeyed.Keep us updated on the hunt!!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Frank

my identity was stolen some years ago..better really cover the bases bro or you will get so burned by those documents left in vehicle

rob w

Hey Donny, Are you doing okay? Been miss'n you. You did'nt join up with the local Carabela club did you? :) Hope all's well, Rob.

tmc3c

Donny what's the word on the truck? Any news at all?

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

Doug Wilford

Donny;
That is traject, we can replace the POG sticker, but that is not a concern now I am sure.   Like the man said it is probably in Mehiko, or being repainted and sold at the local car lot.   Good luck on cancelling all the credit cards, bank IDs etc.  Oh what a bunch of bastards, I imagine it only took about 10 seconds to drive it away.

OUCWBOY

Hello to all!
Well yesterday was day 21 and I am still waiting on the insurance co to complete the claim. Since is was a theft they must wait 25 to 30 days to see if it's recovered. Only problem is that it only had about 3K miles on it and it looks like I'm gonna take about an 8K loss.
I didn't loose anything else in the form of check fraud or CC fraud so I'm very luck in that respect. Only about 25 CD's and my POG decal!
Thanks to all who have asked
This group is really the BEST ever! Love you guys!
Donny
Donny Smith
Paragould, AR

Frank

who is your insurance company, if you don't mind me asking?

tmc3c

Dam Insurance companys,they drag there feet when its time to pay out but just try and take your time on a payment! A 8000.00 loss on a truck that was minding its own business! Well on the brite side Donny at least you didn't lose your PENTON!! This whole deal sucks!

Thomas Carmichael
Thomas Carmichael

1970 125 Six Day
1976 250 Hare Scrambler

SS440

Sorry to here about your loss, I own an insurance agency in MI. the co.'s I write for will replace with no depriciation for up to 6mo. No way should you take a $8,000. hit
something is wrong. Good luck
P.S. 30 days is the norm on a theft.