VMD 2017

Started by Dale Fisher, April 26, 2017, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Fisher

We hope you have made plans to come, pick through the swap meet, compete, or just to spend some time with our group :)

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

thrownchain

Price keeps going up, but there seems to be less to see and do.

paul a. busick

I'll SAY!! [xx(] Amherst Paul

Dale Fisher

If anything it seems they are adding more things to do and see.  Beer Garden, AMA Partner's Display, Field Meet, and Pit Bike Races are all
 pretty new.  Hanging out with the group and Dale's food for three days - still priceless !!

https://www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Carl Hill

I will be there. Can't wait!

Dale Fisher

A few more new things coming.  Dust off those 50cc machines [8)]

Motorcycle fans and racers will have the opportunity to experience three days of fun and action-packed motorcycle competition during the 2017 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days on July 7-9 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. Vintage and post-vintage competition will be held in hare scrambles, motocross, trials, dirt track and roadracing.

Classic Honda Trail 70 minibikes at AMA show
Sites are available for tent camping and motorhomes.
The class winners in the hare scramble, motocross and road racing disciplines will be recognized as AMA National Champions and receive a highly-coveted AMA National No. 1 plate.

In addition, two outstanding riders will earn the AMA Off-Road Vintage Grand Championship and the AMA Senior Off-Road Vintage Grand Championship for excelling in expert-level eligible classes.
"The AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days vintage racing program acknowledges the heritage of our sport," said AMA Director of Racing Kevin Crowther. "The fun, low-pressure environment, along with a large variety of disciplines and age classes, creates life-long racing memories with family and friends. There truly is no other vintage racing event like it."

New this year, the Old-School Ironman Award will honor the athlete who competes in the most classes in hare scrambles and motocross.
New this year, the Old-School Ironman Award will honor the athlete who competes in the most classes in hare scrambles and motocross.

Other updates to the racing program at this year's AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days include the addition of youth classes to the hare scramble and motocross events and a new exhibition 50cc class.

A $10 early bird discount for non-AMA members is available through May 1st at //www.midohio.com.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days also features the return of pit bike racing on Friday afternoon, July 7, and the addition of a new holeshot competition on Saturday, July 8.

To be a part of the racing at the 2017 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, visit //www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com before July 4, to register to race.

Tickets are currently available for purchase online at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days website or at the gate the days of the event. A weekend pass is $60, a single-day admission for Friday or Saturday is $40 and a single-day admission for Sunday is $35. Kids 12 and under get in free. AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days raises funds for the nonprofit AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, which is held each year during AIMExpo week. For more information on classes and racing events at the 2017 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, visit //www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com.
2017 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Summary Racing Schedule (Subject to change)

Thursday, July 6: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
• Noon-5 p.m.: Road Race Registration (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 2-5 p.m.: Hare Scramble, Motocross, Trials Registration (Ross Road off Steam Corners Road)
• 2-5 p.m.: Road Race Technical Inspection (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)

Friday, July 7: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
• 7 a.m.-5 p.m.: Road Race Registration (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 7-8:30 a.m.: Hare Scramble Registration (Ross Road of Steam Corners Road)
• 7 a.m.-5 p.m.: Road Race Technical Inspection (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 8 a.m.: Mandatory Road Race Rider's Meeting (Lower Paddock Base of Tower)
• 9 a.m.: Road Race Practice Begins (Lunch break from noon - 1:30 p.m.)
• 2-4 pm.: Pit Bike Racing Registration
• 9:30 a.m.: Hare Scrambles-Evolution 2/Evolution 3 Races begin following National Anthem
• Noon: Hare Scrambles-Vintage/Evolution/Evolution 1 Races Begin
• Noon-5 p.m.: Motocross and Trials Registration (Ross Road off Steam Corners Road)
• 2-5 p.m.: Motocross Tech Inspection
• 2:30 p.m.: Hare Scrambles-Non-Current Vintage Races Begin
• 4:30 p.m.: Pit Bike Practice Begins
• 5 p.m.: Pit Bike Racing Begins
• 5:30 p.m.: Hare Scramble Awards Presentation (Tentative, half an hour after racing concludes)

Saturday July 8: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (unless otherwise noted)
• 7 a.m.: Mandatory Road Race Rider's Meeting (Lower Paddock Base of Tower)
• 7-9 a.m.: Motocross Registration (Vintage/Evolution 1 classes)
• 7-9 a.m.: Motocross Technical Inspection
• 7-10:45 a.m.: Road Race Technical Inspection (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 7 a.m.-1 p.m.: Road Race Registration (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 8 a.m.: Mandatory Motocross Riders Meeting (Quonset Hut)
• 8-11 a.m.: Road Race Practice Begins
• 8:30 a.m.: Motocross Practice Begins (Vintage/Evolution/Evolution 1 classes)
• 9:30 a.m.: Motocross Racing Beings (Vintage/Evolution/Evolution 1 classes)
• 1 p.m.: Road Racing Begins
• 1-3 p.m.: Dirt Track Registration (Ashland County Fairgrounds - Gate 5, Baney Road)
• 3:30 p.m.: Mandatory Dirt Track Rider's Meeting
• 4 p.m.: Dirt Track Practice Begins (Ashland County Fairgrounds)
• 4-6 p.m.: Holeshot Competition registration
• 5 p.m.: Motocross Awards Presentation (Tentative, half an hour after racing concludes)
• 6 p.m.: Holeshot Competition begins
• 6:30 p.m.: Dirt Track Heat Racing (Ashland County Fairgrounds)
• 8:30 p.m.: Dirt Track Finals (Ashland County Fairgrounds)

Sunday, July 9: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
• 7 a.m.: Mandatory Road Race Rider's Meeting (Lower Paddock Base of Tower)
• 7-8:30 a.m.: Motocross and Trials Registration (Evolution 2/Evolution 3/Post-Vintage classes)
• 7-9 a.m.: Motocross Technical Inspection
• 7-9:15 a.m.: Road Race Technical Inspection (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 7 a.m.-Noon: Road Race Registration (Lower Paddock Tech Garage)
• 8 a.m.: Mandatory Motocross Rider's Meeting (Quonset Hut)
• 8-10 a.m.: Road Race Practice Begins
• 8:30 a.m.: Motocross Practice Begins (Evolution 2/Evolution 3/Post-Vintage classes)
• 8:45-9:15 a.m.: Trials Tech Inspection (Quonset Hut)
• 9:15 a.m.: Mandatory Trials Rider's Meeting (Quonset Hut)
• 9:30 a.m.: Motocross and Trials Racing Begins (Evolution 2/Evolution 3/Post-Vintagemotocross classes only)
• 10 a.m.: Road Race Begins (Lunch Break from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
• 4 p.m.: Motocross Awards Presentation (Tentative, half an hour after racing concludes)
• 4:30 p.m.: Trials Awards Presentation (Tentative, half an hour after racing concludes)
• 6 p.m.: Road Race Awards (Road Racing Podium by Pit Lane)

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Carl Hill

If you go to the VMD website, under racing and scroll down to the MX tab there is a photo of a Husky rider.  You can see the back half of the machine/rider he is chasing. Anyone see what it is?
Hint: the machine is in my garage ...

Dale Fisher

Some other news that has been tossed around over the past few months is still a work in progress.  My Berkshire 100 (B2) is to be made available to race over the weekend.  A second Berkshire (B3) is coming together nicely and the frame and the Wilford engine have been reunited.  They have been separated since Doug completed the engine in 2003.  The former owner Tim Weaver expressed the desire to have it available for someone to race.  It too will be available this year for competition.  Preparation for 2018 has already begun to have an additional two added (B4, B5) to form a race team of four total.  A little something, for a special event, in a special year.

Youthful riders encouraged since the opportunity in the AMA class structure promotes/permits them.

To clarify my numbering system (B1) is the team managers 1970 steel tanker ;)

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

jeff greenberg

Dale, don't tempt me.  ( although I don't think I qualify as "youthful")

Carl Hill

I have a couple of Berkshires (in boxes) as well as a 72 six-day that may turn into. Berkshire. Thinking I may need to get one together for 2018.

Rick Bennett

Dale
I am working on a Berkshire CMF. Count me in.
Rick

Dale Fisher

Jeff, You were one of the first victims that came to mind.  Oh, how well I remember a sea of Piasecki jerseys.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Larry Perkins

So I am looking over the stuff for Mid Ohio and it looks to me as if the 100cc Class has been dropped.  Opinions?

Larry P

Gordon Brennan

Quotequote:The class winners in the hare scramble, motocross and road racing disciplines will be recognized as AMA National Champions and receive a highly-coveted AMA National No. 1 plate.

The years I was there, Trials was one of the disciplines you had to ride in order to get the Championship.
I would love to go back. The last time I was there was the first year the AMA took over. I think there were around 20 riders in the Trials competition. The year before that, there were 24 riders just in my class!
Looks like the numbers are getting better.

Larry Perkins

Just talked to the AMA and the motocross guys don't know why but Vintage 100cc has been dropped for VMD!  What a shame because so many motocrossers back in The Day started in the 100 class.  I guess we will no longer go to VMD.  There are lots of other things happening there but I really loved racing the 100 there the most.  Big Bummer!

Larry P