VMD 2017

Started by Dale Fisher, April 26, 2017, 06:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Brennan

Well, you folks with the 100's can always go to Unadilla's MX Rewind. It's a blast!! And they have a class for the 100's.

Larry Perkins

Gordon there are AHRMA races that the 100 can be raced in but none other than the series is for a Number 1 plate.

Larry P

Gordon Brennan

Ok, Got it Larry.
Also, I just visited the web site. I questioned in an earlier post from Dale why Trials wasn't part of the Vintage Grand Championship like it used to be, but I see it still is, according to the information page.

jeff greenberg

Larry, I'd have to say that the 100 class was my personal favorite!!!

Paul Danik

In reading about there possibly not being a 100cc class I got to wondering what Dane Leimbach would do if he wanted to race an event but they didn't have a 100cc class....I can pretty much envision the little grin on his face as he thought about lining up with those "big bores"....Al Born as well, as he loved running 100cc machines. And you can rest assured they would not be looking to finish second !

Take it as a challenge and flood the line with those little red screamers and put on one heck of a show and maybe the class will be back next year. Sounds like a great race to watch.

Paul

Dale Fisher

"In 1968 my sponsorship was with Sachs and my sponsor was a quaint little shop in the northern California university town.  Maybe you have heard of it!  We used to call it Bezerkley, so now you know where all the long hair and beads came from.  The shop was called Campus Suzuki and it also sold Sachs machines.  The US importer supplied me with bikes and parts and sometimes, factory motors.  I remember one race - an Inter-am in Salinas, California when Robert and all the Europeans rode the 500cc class and the Americans rode the 250cc Support race.  Sachs did not have a 250 bike, so they stole the importer's personal "cheater bike" (a 125) for me to ride in the 250 race.  Before the first moto I remember them telling me they were not going to tell the importer that they had touched the bike, unless I won the race!  No pressure... the thing was a rocket.  It holeshot in the san against the 250s and anyway I won overall.  Sachs did a full page ad in "Cycle News" - 125 Sachs wins 250 Support class.  So I guess the importer found out about it afterall!"

Who am I???

Dale Fisher
Penton Owners Group - President/Memberships
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Facebook - Penton Owners Group - Administrator
Facebook - Cheney Racing Group - Administrator
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Memberships, and Merchandising - Retired
Mudlark Registry

johnborn

Dale Fisher

Before Bad Brad. Here is our only 500cc World Champion on his Sachs honing his skills to one day win the world. [8D]

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

May 2nd, E-news.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days announces entertainment, bike show
Old Bike Barn Crossroads features vendors, music, AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show
May 02, 2017
PICKERINGTON, Ohio — Fans of country music, rockabilly and high energy party rock are in for a treat at the 2017 AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, scheduled for July 7-9 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

The 2016 AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show attracted nearly 100 bikes and their admirers.
The Old Bike Barn is sponsoring the Old Bike Barn Crossroads, which includes live music, the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show, club displays, a craft beer garden, vendors and more.

Performers during the three-day event include Beau Braswell, Death by Rodeo, Sneaky Pete and the Players and others.

The AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show, presented by Old Bike Barn is scheduled for July 8.

"We welcome the Old Bike Barn back to AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days as a sponsor," said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. "The bike show is a crowd favorite, because it attracts nearly 100 top-quality motorcycles. And I know everyone attending the event this year is going to be rocking out to the great music we have scheduled."

Old Bike Barn (//www.oldbikebarn.com) is a mail-order parts and accessories business based in Columbus, Ohio. The company, started in 2001, offers a selection of custom and maintenance parts for vintage American and Japanese street bikes, café racers, choppers, bobbers and V-twins.

"Old Bike Barn has been attending AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days for more than a decade, initially just sharing the event with others through social media," said Bear Haughton, founder and chief technology officer. "In 2016, we celebrated our company's 15th anniversary at the event and helped out with the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show. This year, we are back with an all new format 'Old Bike Barn Cross Roads,' a concept we hope will bring new energy to the infield events."

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days—an annual fundraiser for the nonprofit AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame—features vintage motorcycle racing, bike shows, seminars, demo rides, live music, the American Motor Drome Wall of Death, a swap meet with nearly 1,000 independent vendors and much more.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

Dale Fisher

May 9th E-news.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days features inaugural year for youth vintage national championship classes
Hare scrambles, motocross, exhibition races among weekend events
May 03, 2017
PICKERINGTON, Ohio — Youth competitors will be able to vie for national championships in vintage hare scrambles and motocross at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, on July 7-9 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.

"We are really focused on expanding AMA vintage racing," said AMA Racing Projects Manager Alex Hunter. "We believe that featuring more youth classes will help grow and celebrate vintage racing. Youth classes have never been featured at AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days before. The addition of these classes puts the AMA on the leading edge of youth vintage racing in this country."

The youth classes are in addition to the full range of hare scrambles and motocross competition scheduled for AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days this year.

In hare scrambles, two new classes have been added: Vintage 125cc Junior (12-15) and Post-Vintage Evolution 3 125cc Junior (12-15). Both are national championship classes. Hare scrambles are Friday, July 7.

Four classes have been added to the motocross competition: Vintage Trailbike (9-13) class for Vintage 70cc to 100cc bikes, Vintage 125cc Junior (12-15) class for vintage 100cc to 125cc bikes, Post-Vintage Evolution 3 85cc Youth (9-13) class for post-vintage 80cc to 100cc bikes and Post-Vintage Evolution 3 125cc Junior (12-15) class for post-vintage 100cc to 125cc bikes.

Both are national championship motocross classes. Vintage motocross classes race on Saturday, July 8, and post-vintage classes race on Sunday, July 9.

Vintage classes are 1974 and older bikes. Post-vintage bikes are determined by the technology of the bike and vary, depending on the discipline.

Another addition for 2017 is an exhibition race, featuring a 50cc (4-8) Shaft/Shifter class. This a non-championship support class, which will be available Saturday and Sunday on the motocross track. There is no entry fee, but participants must be AMA members and must register prior to the race.

More information about vintage racing during the event is available at: //www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com/page/vintage-racing-2017.

The full schedule of AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days events is available at //www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days -- an annual fundraiser for the nonprofit AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame -- features vintage motorcycle racing, bike shows, seminars, demo rides, live music, the American Motor Drome Wall of Death, a swap meet with nearly 1,000 independent vendors and much more.

The Old Bike Barn is sponsoring the Old Bike Barn Crossroads, which includes live music, the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame Bike Show, club displays, a craft beer garden, vendors and more.

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry
Dale Fisher

Former POG President,
Mudlark Registry

wfopete

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher

"In 1968 my sponsorship was with Sachs and my sponsor was a quaint little shop in the northern California university town.  Maybe you have heard of it!  We used to call it Bezerkley, so now you know where all the long hair and beads came from.  The shop was called Campus Suzuki and it also sold Sachs machines.  The US importer supplied me with bikes and parts and sometimes, factory motors.  I remember one race - an Inter-am in Salinas, California when Robert and all the Europeans rode the 500cc class and the Americans rode the 250cc Support race.  Sachs did not have a 250 bike, so they stole the importer's personal "cheater bike" (a 125) for me to ride in the 250 race.  Before the first moto I remember them telling me they were not going to tell the importer that they had touched the bike, unless I won the race!  No pressure... the thing was a rocket.  It holeshot in the san against the 250s and anyway I won overall.  Sachs did a full page ad in "Cycle News" - 125 Sachs wins 250 Support class.  So I guess the importer found out about it afterall!"

Who am I???

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry

Gary Bailey or Dick Mann.

Ummm I'll go with Dick Mann.

Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good
Pete Petrick
175 Jackpiner
Slow but Good

Ed Barth

I'll be racing my Penton this year! I plan on riding the Vintage 86cc-125cc class. I'm hoping to bring it home for Team Penton like I did in 2015! I'm still disappointed I missed last year but I will keep you guys notified of my results.

Ed Barth

'73 Penton 125 Six Days
'73 Yamaha DT3 250
'06 KTM 250 SX
'15 KTM 250 SX
Ed Barth

\\\'73 Penton 125 Six Days
\\\'73 Yamaha DT3 250
\\\'06 KTM 250 SX
\\\'15 KTM 250 SX

Ed Barth

Sorry guys I was wrong, the 86cc-125cc is the Junior class. I'll be in the 100cc-200cc Vintage Class.

Ed Barth

'73 Penton 125 Six Days
'73 Yamaha DT3 250
'06 KTM 250 SX
'15 KTM 250 SX
Ed Barth

\\\'73 Penton 125 Six Days
\\\'73 Yamaha DT3 250
\\\'06 KTM 250 SX
\\\'15 KTM 250 SX

checkcrew

Carl Cranke ;)

Quotequote:Originally posted by Dale Fisher

Before Bad Brad. Here is our only 500cc World Champion on his Sachs honing his skills to one day win the world. [8D]

Dale Fisher
POG Merchandise
Mudlark Registry

Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]
Mike Gallagher, NJ.
[email protected]

Dale Fisher

It's easy as A, B, C...