Chicago Jerry

Started by chicagojerry, July 18, 2017, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chicagojerry

Hello all. Since many of you know me and this is a good forum to get the word out, I wanted to let you that I have been diagnosed with kidney cancer. The surgery will be in less than two weeks and they can remove everything that's bad, surgically. I will lose a kidney in the process but I can do fine with just one.I will be off work for about three months.  No chemo or radiation should be necessary. That's the good news.
    The bad news is I had an earlier episode in January of 2016 with almost identical symptoms. So it had another 18 months for the mass to enlarge. The signs then were I was passing a large amount of blood in my urine. Originally, my family doctor just thought I must have passed a kidney stone and treated me for a urinary track infection. No symptoms after that until this last 4th of July when I was passing blood again. So if you experience anything similar, don't take it lightly. A simple 5 minute cat scan is how they found this, and I didn't have that done in 2016.
   I have been deeply touched by how many people have been praying in my behalf. Thanks for keeping me in yours...

jeff greenberg

Jerry, stay strong. You'll pull through this one also. You have tons of support brother. Will be praying for your return to full health.
Jeff

chicagojerry

Thanks Jeff. I should have mentioned this, I am really at ease with the process and I'm doing just fine. 3 months from now it will be back to life in my fast lane... trying to figure out a way to rig up an electric winch over my work bench. doc says he wants me to be on my feet to keep the blood circulating to prevent blood clots but no lifting anything more than 10 lbs. those ktm engines are plus 70 so the winch will remedy that. ;)  Chi Jer...

Larry Perkins

Prayers and Blessings your direction Jerry.  You got this!  Thanks for the health tip from your experience.

Larry P

rob w

Chi Jer, you're sure approaching this with a great attitude, I'll be thinking about you, hoping the very best for your recovery. Bob

Lew Mayer

Got you in our prayers, Jerry. Get well soon. We'll miss you at McKees.

Lew Mayer
Lew Mayer

Kip Kern

Jerry, you are in our prayers my friend!

fischercycle

HELLO, JERRY,YOU WILL BE BACK TO THOSE ENGINES BEFORE YOU KNOW IT , MY WIFE JENNY AND I WILL HAVE YOU IN OUR PRAYERS,, (DON;T GIVE UP) GOOD LUCK,, KEEP DOING WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO, JAKE

dennis brown

hello jerry  wish you the best good luck

dennis l.brown
dennis l.brown

Richard Colahan

Jerry...you're not making this up just to skip the Vintage Enduro this year are you????;)
Please take care...make sure you follow proper recovery steps...and we'll save a good row number for you next year...

Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA
Richard Colahan
1969 V1225
Upper Black Eddy PA

hankthecrank

Jerry, my wife and I will be praying too.

Hank Rinehart
Hank Rinehart

firstturn

Jerry you will be in my Prayers and if I can help in any way just call.  You have the attitude and you know God is on your side.  Just remember this time 15 years ago I couldn't walk and my transplant has a success.  I am here for you Jerry.

Ron Carbaugh
Ron Carbaugh

JP Morgen

Thumbs up Jerry, my best thoughts your way!

Big Mac

Thoughts and prayers out to you for your procedure and good recovery ChiJer. Going through something similar and I know it can be very tough. Lots of power in positive group energy and support. All the best,

Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR
Jon McLean
Lake Grove, OR

Carl Hill

Get well soon. Want to see that yellow Hare-scrambler when you are better.
Take care and God bless.