1976 175 Penton Cross Country

Started by Paul Fetter, August 09, 2017, 12:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Fetter

I have a 1976 Penton175 cross country. I have engine bored to first over, new piston, pin, head gasket and base gasket. I also removed clutch, cleaned plates flushed crankcase with ATF and repaired some wiring. Also cleaned carbs, new pet clocks. Runs great. Needs silencer, new rubber and speedo. I have pictures on ADV rider under two smokers. I put just a few miles on it and it runs great. I also. Have an extra gas tank for it that is in great condition. Also have the green 125 plastic six days tank (plastic) that is in great condition signed by John and Jack Penton in 2015. I am asking what a reasonable asking price might be for the motorcycle.  I restore motorcycles but Jack Penton said not to restore it but make sure it is mechanical trustworthy as. Some may want to Vintage race with it. Thanks for any comments.

Trying to keep motorcycles from the grave.

skiracer

Welcome to the group Paul!  Where are you located?  Can you post the address of where your photos are?

1976 MC 5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1985 20' Hi Point trailer
1976 250 MC5 Original Owner
1976 Penton 175 XC
1977 250 GS6
@flyracingusa

Paul Fetter

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/1974-penton-175-cross-country.1002626/

I am located in Traverse City, Mi, see if the above link will get you to the forum with photos.  I started the thread a couple years ago so scroll down to my pictures.
Thanks

G Ellis

I am interested in the 175. Could you send some photos. [email protected]   I live about 6hrs from you in IL. Or text photos to 217 260 0237. I tried to email but it kicked back the email. Thanks Gary

Paul Fetter

Just wanted to post that the Penton is sold.

spdoc

Quotequote:Originally posted by Paul Fetter

Just wanted to post that the Penton is sold.